Thursday, October 26, 2006

Update: 6 weeks old

















Jackson turned 6 weeks last Tuesday! I cannot believe it has already been 6 weeks. I am scared to write this because the minute I do he will have bad days BUT Jackson slept from 11:15-7:15 am!!!!! I cannot tell you how wonderful and blessed I feel to have gotten 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep!

He also had a bath last night without screaming the whole time. He is so cute he sucks hard on his entire hand while we sit him in his tub and just waits for it to be all over.

Advice to new moms: Once you have been home with your baby a couple weeks try to get out of the house for at least 1 hour a day. When Charlie (the most loving husband ever) gets home in the afternoon he looks after Jackson while I get out, mainly to Walmart, and hopefully soon it will be to go to the gym. I go to the doctor today for my 6 weeks checkup and she will tell me if I can start working out heavily or not.


Also try to feed your baby around the same time every day (every 3 hours) and he will have an easier time sleeping through the night. Schedule (not a real strict one) is important.

*Just in case you are wondering I took like 130 pictures of Jackson his first couple weeks so I will be posting pictures almost every post.

*The picture shown here of me and Jackson is right after I had given birth. I had a very fast, almost too fast, delivery (about 5 hours). I went in at 5 am to be induced and then had him at 11:17 am---the epidural was wonderful and I did not feel a thing! The second I saw him it was love at first sight. God gets all the glory for a healthy baby boy! The other picture is a dad and Charlie giving him a bath before we could put him in the tub because of his umbilical cord and circumcision. My Boo Boo is so cute!

Next post will hopefully be an outline of a counseling women class I hope to teach next year ( I am trying hard not be obsessed with Boo Boo).

No comments: