Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Weight: 17 pounds and 4 oz (64%)
Height: 27 1/4 inches (84%)
Head: 44 cm (82%)
The 6 month check up went well. This time we only had 2 shots and 1 vaccine by mouth. All the vaccines are vaccines she has had before. Last time she did not run a fever after her shots, but she was on antibiotics because of her ear infection. I am giving her Tylenol all day today and tomorrow. She does turn 7 months old this Sunday, so these percentiles might not be 100 percent accurate. Jackson was 17 pounds and 7 ozs at his 6 month check up. It is so crazy that they have weighed almost the same weight for every check up.
The doctor said that her top gums were swollen and she might be getting some teeth up there soon. She said that 5 months is pretty early to have teeth. Then, she wanted to see how much neck control she had and Abigail proceeded to crawl forward and backwards, and then push up from her stomach to a sitting position. The doctor said that she is not suppose to be pushing up to a sitting position till 10 months old, and that it was crazy that she was doing that. I was dying for Jackson to do everything early, and he did everything right when the book said he should do it. Now, I do not want Abigail to do things early, and of course she is.
I am starting to let it her cry it out when I put her down for a nap now. I can't rock her to sleep anymore, and the swing does not do it for her either. So yesterday I put her down for her morning nap on her stomach at 10:30 and let her cry till 10:34 and went in there and put her pacifier back in, and she went right to sleep. I have started putting many different paci's around her. Today she only cried for 1 minutes and then she figured out how to get her pacifier back in...yay!
In September, Jackson and Abigail will both have their check ups together. That should be interesting! Jackson will have his 3 year old check up and I think all they do is take his blood and Abigail will have her 9 month check up. I am so thankful that they are willing to see them both at the same time. Unfortunately, I think there will be lots of tears shed by both my of my babies.
Jun 28, 2009
Here are the best of Walgreens deals, with a special thanks to Mercedes for her help with them. Be sure to check out her Rite Aid deals for the week, including an awesome Huggies diaper deal that is going on right now.
Are you new to all the lingo? Be sure to check out my FAQ post HERE.
- $1/2 coupon from 5/17 P&G insert
= $0.49 each after coupon!
- $1/1 coupon from 6/28 SS insert
= $0.50 each after coupon!
Got 2B Hair Styling Products on sale buy one get one or 2/$5.99
- two $2/1 printable HERE
= $1.99 for two after coupons!
Oxy Clean Versatile Powder $4.99
- $1/1 coupon from 6./21 SS insert
= $3.99 each after coupon!
Oust Air Sanitizer $2.99
- $2/1 coupon from 5/10 SS insert
= $0.99 each after coupon!
Purex complete on sale buy one get one free or 2/$8.99
- two $2/1 coupons from 6/14 SS inserts
= $4.99 for two after coupons!
Selected Kelloggs Cereal $1.99
- $1/1 coupon from 6/7 RP insert
= $0.99 per box after coupon!
Dawn Dish washing liquid $0.99 after in-ad coupon
- $0.50/1 coupon from Homemade Simple coupon booklet (if you have requested this booklet to be mailed to you in the past)
= $0.49 each after coupons!
Register Rewards (RR) Deals
Right Guard or Dry Idea deodorants $2.99, Earn a $2 RR when you buy one
- $1/1 Right guard coupon from 4/19 SS insert (exp 6/30)
- $2/1 Dry Idea HERE
= FREE plus up to $1 in overage after coupon and RR!
Colgate Total Toothpaste 2/$5, Earn a $2 RR when you buy two
- $1/1 coupon from 6/7 SS insert or $1/1 printable HERE
= $0.50 each after coupons and RR!
Aquafresh $1.99, Earn a $1 RR when you buy one
- $1/1 coupon from 6/21 SS insert or $1/1 printable HERE
= FREE after coupon and RR!
Gas X, Maalox $4.99, Earn and $5 RR when you buy two
- $1.50/1 Gas X printable HERE
- $3/2 Maalox coupon from 6/14 SS insert
= $1.99 for two after coupons and RR!
Earn a $3 RR when you buy $15 in Nabisco/Kraft Products or Earn a $5RR wyb $20
Ritz Crackers $2
Chips Ahoy $2
Capri Sun $2
Planters Peanuts 12oz $2
Kraft Deluxe Mac & Cheese 3/$5
Velveeta Shells & Cheese 3/$5
Kraft Mayo or Miracle Whip 32oz $3
- $1/1 Capri Sun coupon from 4/19 SS insert
- $0.55/1 Chips Ahoy coupon from 5/17 SS insert(exp 6/28)
- $1/2 Nabisco Cookies coupon from 4/19 SS Insert (exp 6/30)
- $1 off Kraft Miracle Whipcoupon from 6/14 SS insert
- $0.75 Kraft Mayonnaise 24 oz+, SS 6/21
- $1.50/2 Velveeta Shells printable HERE
Six boxes of Velveeta Shells = $10
Three boxes of Capri Sun = $6
Two boxes of Ritz Crackers = $4
-$4.50 when you use three $1.50 Velveeta Shells coupons
-$3 when you use three Capri sun coupons
-$1 when you use one $1/2 Nabisco cookies coupon
=Pay $11.50 out of pocket and get a $5 RR back!
We have had a very busy day today! Abigail had her 6 month check up early this morning and I will hopefully be posting her stats soon. We also had speech therapy and a hair cut. One week soon I will post couponing 101!
Monday, June 29, 2009
- He is saying new words everyday which is the biggest blessing ever! This morning he said "my bunny" to Abigail and tears came flowing from my eyes (I get real emotional when I do not get good sleep and Abigail is still waking us up all throughout the night). Today, so far, he has said: "flag wave, tree, moon, baby, daddy, mommy, dog, bears, girl, clock, up, role, wipe, paci, me, water, pig, skate, cheers, Pete, push, his version of surprise, fruit, play, five, stop, many numbers, and many letters. He will say two words when I ask him to like, "Hi Manning." I am writing all his words down today to see exactly how many words he has. We are working for 100 words by the age of three (that is one speech therapy goal). Added latter: He uses about 70 words a day! We are so excited.
- He knows his numbers, letters, and shapes. When you put up a random number or letter he correctly says that number, letter, or shape.
- At my parents the other day he said to my dad, "I want my mommy!"
- He does not always say the words right and sometimes leaves off the end sound of a word. If you child has trouble saying a word, say the beginning sound of the word over and over and ask him to to repeat just the beginning sound of the word.
- Please keep praying for Jackson and that he will clearly say words (and always say the end sounds of words) and start saying two words together throughout the day.
- He is the happiest I have seen him since he was a baby, and was so proud to show how he could say all his colors to his Sunday School teacher. Jesus has loosened his tongue and healed his stomach. The therapist explained to us that after the surgery they have to babble again, and then basically learn how to talk all over again. He loves eating ice cream cones now, which he could not do before surgery.
- He will still need speech therapy when he turns 3 years old, so he will be evaluated in August on his speech to see if he qualifies for a speech therapist and/or a classroom at Oak Grove Elementary School. We are zoned for White Knoll, but they do not offer this program. He can attend this school the day he turns 3, which will be September 12.
- These video have helped him in so many ways (especially with his speech)
- He loved being in the Liberty pageant and waved his flag on stage so proudly. He loves to be the center of attention. He is so much happier than he was this time last year.
- He is constanly making jokes with his actions, and he is so funny!
- Jackson has been trying all kind of new foods since he is cleaned out after taking an adult dosage of Miralax for a week (hamburgers, bacon, spaghetti).
- The doctor explained to us that he believe Jackson had a painful bathroom experience and has decided that because of that he is not going to be able to have a "normal" bowl movement till he is probably 5 years old or so.
- He has to be on Miralax for another 6 months to a year
- The doctor said we will not need to try potty training for another 2 months.
- We have to go back again to him in 4 months.
- The x-ray showed lot of stool, and all the blood work came back good except one category under celiac disease that is non specified. He said that he does not have a glutten allergy or celiac disease.
- God is so good, and it is so wonderful to see prayers answered daily for my sweet funny boy!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
One Year Bibles are great! It is so great to have a plan to read through God's Word. My favorite adult one is John MacArthur's One Year Bible.
For children, I am reading the One Year Children's Bible to Jackson every day before he takes his nap. It does not have that many pictures and usually I tell the story in a version that he can understand. A huge goal of mine is for me and Charlie to write a One Year Preschool Bible for ages 2-5 years old. Charlie is a phenomenal write (he could write for a living if he wanted to) and I can plan it all out. My sister is an excellent artist and I would love for her to do the drawings. I am not sure if the title "One Year" is copyrighted. Do you know of any One Year Preschool Bibles? I have seen one year devotions for preschoolers, but that is not what I am looking for. I want to read the actual Bible to Jackson every day.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
I hope to go this Saturday!
Monday, June 22, 2009
- I watched TLC when they first did a little show on her and staying at home with 6 babies and twins. I have watched them and the Duggars for every show they have had from the beginning. The Duggars are still one of my favorite shows. I really enjoy seeing what works for other stay at home moms, and I have learned a lot by watching these shows.
- I really cannot stop thinking about their decision to separate. I did miss like 5 crucial minutes of them explaining why. I heard Jon say that he let her rule everything for all this time. I heard Kate say that Jon will not even talk to her and that this has been going on for a very long time....8 whole months.
- The problem and point of the post is that: when you have kids there is really no such thing as a true divorce from each other. You get divorced "to" each other not from each other when you have children. You will always be in each others lives when you have children, and why not try to work things out since you are forever linked to one another? Mark Driscoll nails it when he says don't get a divorce, get a new marriage. Marriage is about dying to yourself and depending on God.
- Now, I know plenty of cases where the spouse cheats and leaves the other spouse and there is nothing that can be done. I do not feel that is the case here with Jon and Kate. Have they had counseling? All those kids really want is not all the stuff in the world, but to see their mommy and daddy loving each other. My heart breaks for them, and I really wish I understood more of the reasons why.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
I got this dress actually at JCPenny online for $10 off. It is a Carter's dress with a bow and I think my total cost was $9.99 (you can go into the store through the catalog department and use the online coupon). We are planning to have the kids pictures taken again in August and I want her in two different white dresses, and Jackson is seersucker pants and I white collar shirt. She is so fun!
She is starting to rock back and forth to maybe start crawling. Hopefully, I will have video of that on Monday.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Additionally, I love the Brookland Tabernacle choir and many of the songs I listen to come from them. First Baptist Choir sings their songs as well. Last week FBC choir sang "Thou O Lord" and it gave me chills.
Right now on my Playlist is
"Worthy is the Lamb"-Brookland Tabernacle choir
"O Praise Him" David Crowder Band
"Praise to the Lord, the Almighty" Contemporary Version
"High and Lifted Up"-Brookland Tabernacle choir
"Beautiful Savior" Casting Crowns
"Not to Us" Christ Tomlin
What songs help you worship?
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
The oil change there is $19.99. They do not have these offer all the time, but most of the time and without the use of a coupon. At any place that offers oil changes for this low of a price, you will have to drop of your car and plan on getting it latter on in the day. Many of these places are open on Saturdays however. The cheapest oil change use to be at Walmart, but now there prices are right around $26
We did try Pep Boy last week because my tires needed to be rotated as well. Once you join their rewards program (which is like a CVS card) you get free tire rotations and they will fix your tires if they get a nail in them for free along with other great benefits. I was impressed with them and they had a mail in rebate for their oil change so it came out to be cheaper than Walmart's oil change. Total after mail in rebate we will have spent $26 to get the Odyssey oil change and tires rotated.
What have you found to be the cheapest place to get an oil change?
I am in Spartanburg for the week while Charlie is at Centri-Kid camp at Converse College. We are having a great time and I did not wake up till 8 am this morning which was glorious. Jackson and I got to visit them today and they are having a great time. Jackson loved running all around on the giant field they have there. I will still be posting this week, just shorter posts than usual. Next week I will write a post on Couponing 101. Love to hear from you!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Salsarita’s: mon nights
Fusion Bowl: mon and sat kids are $.99…drinks are separate
Baker Brothers: mon-fri after with an adult entrée
McAlisters: every night til close 12 and under
Schlotzkys: wed all day
IHOP: fri and sat
Ryans: mon-fri after (2 children per adult)
Moe’s: tues all day
Gilligans: mon-wed after
Zaxby’s: tues all day
Chick Fil A on
Any more to add to the list?* This list came from my sister in law's friend and I added some
Friday, June 12, 2009
It is so different having baby #2. I was dying for Jackson to do everything early, and he did everything right when the book said he should. Abigail, maybe it is because she is a girl, seems to be doing everything early and I have no desire for her to grow up! She sits up now for hours at a time, and wants to do whatever Jackson is doing. She even does speech therapy with him. She is constantly entertained by him, which is great!
We had a great time in Spartanburg and of course she never woke up. We did keep her up till 11 pm one night. The level 2 nipples have made a huge difference. She drinks her milk in 30 minutes now like she should. I feel like a new women with 3 straight nights of GREAT sleep. I forgot my camera when we went to Spartanburg, but will remember it next week. Jackson was crazy at the pool and tried to swim. He was jumping off the side to my dad with this "I can learn to swim suit" that was Jake's. He has no fear! We are giving him a swim lesson at Gold's Gym the end of the month for $20. Yay!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
First, this one came from a friend's blog who has an excellent blog:
Second, every week day night Kids Eat Free at Baker Brothers. We went to the one at Lexington tonight and Jackson got a huge cheese pizza and he will be able to eat it again for lunch tomorrow. If you just get a sandwich and water you can really eat there with kids for a great price. I forget to tell Charlie to take a Dream Dinner out of the freezer yesterday. We normally cook Monday, Thursday, and Saturday nights. I am now on our local Dream Dinner email list and get great coupons and deals...$10 for a 3 serving meal and I eat leftovers for lunch. I hate fast food right now!
Do you have any restaurant deals to share?
I really want to compile a list of all restaurants where kids eat free
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Here is a link to the sermon he preached at One Day 2000 that helped him write his book Don't Waste Your Life
Bosting Only in the Cross
Acts 20:24: "I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may accomplish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."
One thing mattered: Finish my course, run my race.
Philippians 3:7-8: "But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ."
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Here is a recap:
- In April, Abigail had a ear infection and started waking up and not going back to sleep till someone put her pacifier in her mouth. We found out it was an ear infection so we thought this would not last long...
- In May, two teeth broke through the skin and she started waking up night after night sometimes after ever two hours dead asleep, just wanting someone to put her pacifier back in. Teeth at 5 months!
- Now we are in June, and she has hit a growth spurt and the last two morning she has had to eat at 3:45 am. It just hurts to be up every two hours putting her pacifier back in. I did discover that I should have changed her to level 2 nipples after 3 months of age. I am using Dr. Browns bottles this time so I did not know they have four levels of nipples. She was taking an hour to eat!
- She was so easy from January through March, and she still is easy during the day but has no desire to sleep. She can stay up for 7 hours which is crazy. She is ready to learn and does not want to miss anything. I do not let her cry it out during Jackson's nap time.
I say all this not to complain, but during your prayer time today pray that my sweet funny baby girl will enjoy sleeping as much as her parents and her brother does.
I am in Spartanburg for 2 nights so Charlie and I can have two full night of uninterrupted sleep. We are on vac and going to the pool tomorrow. Praise God for giving me parents who are able to give us some rest we so desperately need. We are so blessed!
The song going through my head is
"Grace, grace, God's grace
Grace that will pardon and cleanse within
Grace, grace, God's grace
Grace that is greater than all our sin"
Also enjoy the words to this song:
And I rest in the shelter of Your love
And I rest in the wonder of Your Grace
And I rest in the shelter of Your love
And I rest in the wonder of You!
Rest, that is the prayer for my family today.
Monday, June 08, 2009
Sunday, June 07, 2009
Abigail is hilarious. Both outfits that she has on here were either given to me by friends or I bought them from a friend. If you know some of your friend who are done having babies, offer to purchase some clothes from them. I have gotten the cutest outfits from my friends at church! I got her socks for Bumble Bee Boutique because I received a gift card from my shower at church. I think they are called Mary Jane socks and they look like shoes. Babies can wear these shoes until they are 1 year. I really like Bumble Bee Boutique and when they have a sell you can get a good deal on smock dresses. I got her cute bow from either Goody 2 Shoes or Doodlebugs. Do you have other advice on getting cute baby girl clothes for a good price?
Saturday, June 06, 2009
She was so excited to sit in the high chair at Chick Fil A this past Friday night! She wants to be a big girl already so bad. I don't! We normally go to the Chick Fil A on Bush River Road on Tuesday nights because it is family night and Jackson eats for free with a purchase of a combo meal and some of our church friends are always there. We would love to see you there! We have been missing in action this last month getting the swing set up. We were there Friday night for Shag night, but it got canceled due to rain, but we of course had a great time! We even got a free sample of their new peach milkshake which was so yummy! They now have an option to get a small milkshake which is great for my waistline.
She is growing up so fast! She turned 6 months old yesterday. Crazy!
Friday, June 05, 2009
I cannot believe it has already been 2 years since our fire. I have been knee deep in receipts for the last week and Charlie has been taking care of the babies. We had 2 years to replace what was loss in the fire. They give you half of what you claim up front and then you have 2 years to replace what you have loss but it has to be more than the 50 percent less of what they gave you (actual cost). For instance if I loss a $50 sweater, they gave me $25 so in order to reclaim this sweater I had to buy it for more than $25 I got for it. Since I use coupons for everything this was a little tricky. If you have a lose in your house, here are a couple tips when dealing with insurance files.
- Highlight all the items you loss and highlight how much they gave you for the item.
- Right before you turn in a claim, if you know you want to replace an item and have not, go ahead and replace it by putting it on a credit card because you know you are going to get that money back.
Some positive aspects of the fire
- Most of the items we lost where items that we did not personally buy, and items that I will probably never wear again such as college clothes
- We had another baby so we were able to replace all of the items that Jackson lost
- Being in ministry and me staying at home, finances are always going to be hard work for us, and believe it or not the fire helped us get our car fix, and do things that had to be done. Anonymous donations came every day after our fire. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.
- I believe when bad things happen it is either because we live in a fallen world, or that demons are attacking. The Devil is NOT omnipresent but there are thousands of demons here on earth. I do believe the devil attacks those who are reaching thousands of people for Jesus. However, he can only attack one person at a time, and I do not believe it was the devil himself attacking us.
- I believe that the fire was partly because we live in a fallen world, but also a demonic attack on Jackson and our family. God allowed this to happen for our good and His glory. What demons meant for evil, God turned into good.
- I knew going into ministry there would be demonic attack, but really never ever envisioned a fire. Charlie had recently lead some people to Christ, and then we had a fire in our baby's room the next day. If you are in ministry, I would suggest holding on tight, and it is really important to see things as spiritual warfare and not as "bad luck."
- I still cannot believe a small little fire turned bad so quickly.
- God is so great and so powerful and spared our entire family of any harm. He used it for such good in our life, and it really helped us get our finances in order. God such a loving father and is so much more powerful than any demons.
"and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands
and praise the God who gives and takes away.
I lift my eyes onto the hills where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth I lift my eyes onto the hills where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth."
Casting Crowns, Praise You in This Storm
When storm, fires, or whatever you are going through, it is your choice to raise your hands and praise our good God who gives so richly everything in Him. I hate to put things so bluntly but, no one is putting a gun to your head when bad things happen and making you complain and be bitter.
We are so blessed with eternal things and I thank God every day for everything He has given us.
Here is the first post about our fire. Charlie wrote a lot of it. He is such a great writer. You can also see other post about our fire by clicking on the label "fire" on the side of my blog.
"Make no mistake about it, brothers, if you preach Christ unapologetically Satan and his demons will attack you in some way, shape, or form. It may be disasters, it may be through gossip, it may be through unruly selfish church members. Whatever it is, the Devil has no dealings with a lukewarm church. If you are preaching Christ, hold on.
I had a taste of Hell on Tuesday morning. Hell is real. It is a place of pain. It is a place of suffering. It is a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth. And a lot of people are going to spend eternity there and God has called every believer to do what he can to preach Christ.
Hell is real. People are going. Preach Christ and hold on."
Thursday, June 04, 2009
Kleen Kare is the dry cleaners I normally go to and they have (wait for it)...
20 percent off coupon for orders more than $10 or more. This is made my day yesterday!
You can print this coupon here and keep on printing it and keep on using it.
The only catch is that you have to use it when you drop your clothes off. You cannot use it if you just bring it when you pick up your clothes.
Do you know of any other dry cleaning deals?
Wednesday, June 03, 2009
For the director of music. A psalm of David.1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me."
In honor of my 500th post I am going to write 500 reasons why I love blogging. Ha! Just kidding. But, I am going to write my top 3 reasons why I enjoy my blog.
1. It is a place where I can document all the fun facts about my babies such as percentiles, weights, and seeing how they grow. I would have no idea how much Jackson weighed at his 6 month check up if I had not blogged it. It is also a great way for out of town family to see how my babies are growing. For all my moms out there is it never to late to start a blog! I had to have a lot of encouragement by my husband to start one, and I am so glad I did!
2. It is a great way for stay at home moms to connect with other moms
3. It helps me be a better wife and mother by writing out my plans on how to do my very best and get tips from other wise moms on how to accomplish my plan. If you are a Christian woman you should always be reading, learning, and growing, and blogs are a great free resource for this. I also love helping out other moms with problems they have. I thrive on problem solving!
I would like to change the template of my blog for free. Do you have any suggestions on where I can go to change the template of my blog other than using blogger?
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Figure out what you always buy and also figure out what is the cheapest price for that item. Then, do not buy that item till you pay the cheapest price for it. This will probably require you to shop at more than one store a week. It is totally worth your time, especially if you are a stay at home mom and bargain shopping is basically your second job.
For instance, both Jackson and Charlie eat a Nutrigrain Bars as part of their breakfast every morning. I know that the cheapest I can get them for is 2 for $5. So, the other week when Kroger had them for $3.24 a pack I did not buy them. Instead, Jackson and I will make a quick stop at the very nice Walmart in Lexington to get our nutrigrain bars.
Also, I have subscribed to a few new great money saving blogs through Google reader. They are:
Common Sense With Money
The Thrifty Mama
$30 Weekly Grocery Challenge
I love blogs! They help me so much. My next post will be my 500th post on my blog Crazy!
Do you recommend any other good money saving mom blogs?