Sunday, October 31, 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
It all started last summer when Toy Story 3 (the movie) came out and we got passes to go. That was Jackson's first taste of Toy Story, and his first ever movie, and of course he loved it! Then, we went and played with David at his house and he had a talking Woody and Buzz doll. Well, I knew then what we were going to get Jackson for his birthday! He played with all David's Toy Story toys for a long time.
We got him the talking Woody doll for his birthday and my parents got him a small talking Buzz. Then, Mimi and Pop Pop got him Toy Story 1 and 2 on dvd for his birthday. He loved watching the movies! The day after his birthday is when we got rid of his pacifier and he got really attached to Woody, and wanted to bring him everywhere and I let him because he chewed on him after getting rid of his pacifier.
Preschool has really helped with his imaginative play, and now he would much rather play with his Toy Story toys than watch TV (still would not recommend sending your baby to Preschool till they are in a 3 year old class). He puts Buzz in positions where he is rescuing Woody all the time. He tells me every day that for Christmas he is going to get a talking big Buzz and Abigail is going to get a Jessie the cowgirl doll.
So, guess what Jackson is going to be for Halloween? Yes, you guessed it, Woody. I found a great Woody costume at Walmart for a great price. He got to dress up like Woody to go to the nursing home with the Moms Club, and today for Preschool (they had a Halloween party), and tomorrow for parade at Kings Mountain for little ones. Jackson is loving living here in Kings Mountain, and we are so thankful!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
But the good news is:
- I have a friend now going with me and I know that is going to get me even more motivated.
- Think about all the weight I would be gaining right now...
- Feel so much better, I am getting healthy, and working out three times a week doing Jillian Micheals workouts. I am trying my best through His help to glorify God with my eating.
- Charlie loves Hersey Bars and is not overweight at all. He is being helpful by hiding his candy stash in his room.
- I love the meetings in Shelby. I have gone to Weight Watchers meetings in Columbia, Spartanburg, and Sumter, and my teacher here is so enjoyable, and does not go on and on about things we do not really need to hear. Studies have shown going to meetings people lose twice as much as those who do not stay for the meetings.
- I have always done 8 minutes abs, but I found 7 minutes abs on YouTube and it is really working.
- Weight Watchers Chicken Alfredo (my favorite meal) every other day (in the freezer section / 6 points).
Caramel Apple Salad:
2 golden delicious apples (cubed)
1 Box sugar-free butterscotch pudding
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 small container fat free Cool Whip
1 20 oz. can pineapple tidbits in its own juice
Mix all together
Store in refrigerator
1 cup=1 point
"God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through Him." 1 John 4:9
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31
Click here for the link:
If you would like more info feel free to email me at email@example.com
If you have a minute right now please pray in Jesus' powerful name that our house will sell. Thank yall so much for your support and prayers!
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
It is important for me to become a lifetime member at WeightWatchers so I can lose the weight and keep it off (by weighing monthly). I hope to accomplish this by next summer.
The week before this week, I ate everything in sight so I am probably still paying for that and that is the reason I believe I did not lose any weight this week. I did not overeat this week or go over my points.
Victories this Week:
- Worked out three times at home this week for the first time in a long time doing Jillian Micheals 30 day shred, and Last Chance workout by her (free on exercise on demand with Time Warner).
- Went to Harris Teeter in Shelby to get Jolly Time popcorn that is the snack size which is only 1 point for the entire bag. I had a mommy friend tell me that this popcorn is what got her through at first (she is 4 weeks away from being a lifetime member!).
- I felt better all week, and was down at all.
- Ate WeightWatchers brownie (2 points) and heated it up in the microwave for 10 seconds and put light whip cream on top, and that helped my craving for chocolate. I also REALLY enjoy the WeightWatchers Chicken Alfredo (in the freezer section) meal. The new cheeseburger meal is excellent as well.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
My fun girl loves presents, dresses, coats, etc. Last week, after cleaning out Abigail's closet we found the backpack that Grand and Gigi got for her last Christmas. She was very excited and said, "I have a backpack!" She proceeded to wear the backpack everywhere last week and really wanted to sleep with it on. We got this backpack at http://www.kidstravelzone.com/ (the smallest one). She is growing up so fast!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
I have not taken many pictures recently, but I took over 100 pictures in September so I thought it would be a good time to post these pictures. Jackson's Preschool had Grandparents luncheon in September and since it was Jackson's birthday he got to wear a birthday hat. Jackson loved showing Gigi his Preschool, and I am so thankful she was able to come. I love having my parents 50 minutes away!
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
MoneySaving Mom writes:
"Create a small 5×7 Photo Book from Kodak and use coupon code TARGBOOK at checkout to get the Photo Book free and only pay $1.99 shipping. This offer is good through November 6, 2010.
Thanks, Freebies 4 Mom!"
This is probably be one of my Christmas presents for someone (all our photos are on Kodak Galleries). I am already thinking about buying some Christmas presents now because in December I always get in trouble by overspending. Now, that Abigail knows what is going on at all times, I know I am going to want to buy her a good bit for Christmas (three presents).
What are your tips on not overspending for Christmas?
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Here our some of his tips for losing weight:
- Eat breakfast
- Do not skip meals
- Eat more often but smaller portions
- Avoid night time feedings
- No fast food
- Drink more water
- No sodas
- Chew gum (sugar-free)
- More fiber
- Exercise, exercise, exercise
Digestion starts with chewing, so chewing gum can send signals to your brain that you actually getting full.
Today I weighed more than I have ever weighed, not being pregnant, so I joined back WeightWatchers tonight.
I think I will post weekly updates on my "weigh in" day (just telling you how much a lost each week), as further accountability on Tuesdays. My goal is to lose anywhere from 16- 25 pounds by next summer. I think 16 pounds is WeightWatchers goal for me, but I would like to lose more like 25 pounds. WeightWatchers is such a great program and I would love to be a lifetime member finally. Pray that I can reach this goal through the Holy Spirit's power (not by my own strength).
Friday, October 08, 2010
Last Friday we were all able to go to our first ever Pumpkin Patch with Jackson's Preschool. We went to the one in Dallas, NC, and it was so great that we actually got to pick our own pumpkins from the vine (they also had a maze, a hay ride, etc). We all had a great time, and we are really enjoying Fall...Kings Mountain, and areas all around it are breathtaking!
Thursday, October 07, 2010
1 spray cooking spray
4 oz uncooked boneless skinless chicken breat
1/2 tsp. table salk
1.4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemarry
1/4 cup canned chicken broth
Preheat oven to 400. Coat a small, shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Season both side of chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to prepare pan and drizzle with oil, sprinkle with lemon juice, and rosemarry. Pour broth around chicken to coat bottom of pan. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30-35 minutes.
Makes 4 servings
3 points per serving
What is your favorite chicken recipe?
Monday, October 04, 2010
Last Monday, we went for Jackson's 4 year old well check up. My doctor in Columbia had been warning me about the FOUR shots they get at 4 years old, and so we had plans to go to Monkey Joe's afterwards which we did and it was the only thing that calmed him down. He was fine for the first 2 shots, but then after the 3rd shot he arched his back and had a total meltdown.
They gave me a 48 Month ASQ-3 assessment test to fill out, and everything was good except speech, but he was actually not in the gray when I filled it out.
Here are some things we are working on from the questionnaire:
- Does your child name at least three items from a common category? For example, if you say to your child, "Tell me some things that you can eat," does your child answer with something like "cookie, eggs, and cereal"? Or if you say, "Tell me the name of some animals," does your child answer with something like "cow, dog, and elephant." (I had to check sometimes with this because he we are working hard with categories at speech and he is improving a lot, but still not 100 percent there).
- Does your child tell you at least two things about common objects? For example, if you say to your child, "Tell me about your ball," does she say something like, "It's round. I throw it." (Sometimes)
- Without you giving help by pointing, does your child follow three different directions using the words "under," "between," and "middle"? For example, ask your child to put the shoe, "under the couch." Then ask her to put the ball "between the chairs" and the book "in the middle of the table." (Sometimes)
- Without you giving help by pointing or repeating, does your child follow three directions that are unrelated to one another? Give all three directions before your child starts. For example you may ask your child, "Clap your hands, walk to the door, and sit down," or "Give me the pen, open the book, and stand up." (Sometimes)
He was almost 3 feet 5 inches (so technically 3 feet 4 inches), and in the 50% for his height. He has grown like 5 inches this year I think. The doctor said he looked good on the growth chart.