Tuesday, May 24, 2011
"Attach the green bag tag to any reuseable shopping bag. Then everytime you shop in CVS scan the bag tag at checkout and every 4th scan gives you to $1 ECB. Your card will only track one scan per day.
If you get the $1 off Crystal Light coupon:
This is awesome because there are single packs for 50¢ each! This allows you to make 50¢, or get 2 packs for free.
from Southern Savers
So, today I went to CVS and got a coupon for a free bag tag. You do not have to use a reusable shopping bag, you just have to scan your bag tag (but you can only scan it one time a day).
Then, I had 1 coupon for a Playtex cup from the newspaper, and another CVS store baby coupon that they mailed me me, so I got Abigail a Princess Playtex cup for $1. You can also "sign up for Playtex Baby e-mail notifications you will receive an e-mail for $2 off any Playtex Infant Product. It is a Bricks link, so you can print it twice and it won’t expire for 90 days.
The e-mail may take up to 24 hours to receive.
This should make small Playtex items free!"
I am back into couponing, hoping this summer to cut my grocery bill in half. Do you have any tips?
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Get on the scales and realize I am 16 pounds overweight. Is it because I am not working out anymore? Is it because Charlie had his gallbladder out last summer? Well, those could be influences on me, but I am the determinate. No one put a gun to my head and made me overeat....
Back to last November. I have a conversation with my friend and she says she has always wanted to do Weight Watchers. I thought to myself, "I was just about to quit because of Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, I have NEVER attended meeting during those holidays." But, I had someone to go with me. So we went to the Shelby location with the BEST leader I have ever had. We did not lose weight during the holidays, but we did not gain any either. We were able to lose weight in January and February. And then, last month was the WALK IT challenge. I could barely walk a mile when I fist started and now yesterday I ran 30 minutes and walked 5 minutes for a total of 2.5 Miles!
So back to today. My friend cannot go to the weigh in this morning meaning I am going to have to take the kids with me (her oldest daughter would babysit most Wednesday mornings...how wonderful is that!). Last time I took the kids with me to a meeting, it was a complete disaster. So, we get there late. I am tense. I could not talk to anyone on the phone or listen to music on the ride there kind of tense.
Lord, I have come so far, let it be today, let me reach this goal that has been harder than any other time I have ever had losing weight. Oh goodness, I am getting teary eyed. Ok, stay calm just step on the scales.
It is a wonderful miracle that the kids are sitting on chairs near the door being great. I tell the lady, I think I might have reached my 10 percent today.
She says "let me see........ long pause.........yes you have lost 2 pounds this week for a total of 16 pounds, that means you have reached your 10 percent today. You did it!"
Oh my goodness, do not cry. So then she kindof interrupts a packed room of ladies, and Marti says Emily I am so proud of you. I could barely talk....having a very emotional day. I said I ran 2.5 miles last night and I think that is what finally got me to loose the 4 pounds I have been trying to loose for the last 2 months. Wow, what a great day!
- I would not recommend trying to go to WeightWatchers meetings alone.
- I have really enjoyed listening to the Bible on iTunes through "The Bible Experience." Last week I listened to 1 Samuel, while I ran, and this week I have been listening to 2 Samuel. I LOVE growing in His word and exercising. I do not think I could just run a treadmill with nothing to do.
- I run (walk some for sure) my first 5k this Saturday at 6pm. Pray that I can do it even if it is way hot!
- I am going to try to mainly run 3 miles tomorrow night on the treadmill at Shapes by Jodi. Pray that I can do it. I can do fine on a treadmill, but do have trouble running outside.
- Today I listened to 2 Samuel 22 and it really spoke to me. Overeating, is something I have battled with since I was 2 years old saying "more" banana pudding. "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my DELIVERER, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my SAVIOR." Praise God!
- I still have 6 more pounds to lose, before I get to my personal goal weight, and then I have to maintain that weight for six weeks before I am a lifetime member (something I have always wanted to do). But, I am now within my weight range now, and I can decide whatever weight I want to be at...Praise God!
- Also, pray that the Lord will deliver us from this house in Columbia. Our house is the only house for sale in our neighborhood that is ready for someone to move into now. Someone might be interested in the house, but has not called my Realtor yet. We only have two more months for it to sale before we try to rent it out. I am having faith in Him!
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
Thursday, May 12, 2011
- The Bible Experience on itunes. I downloaded just 1 Samuel because that is where I am in reading the Bible through in a year and i have listened to it all in 2 days! I really enjoyed all the different voices...it was very powerful! I listened to it while I ran, did chores, etc.
- Second recommendation is Shane and Shane's "Everything is Different" cd. My favorite song on the cd is "For the Good," and Charlie's is "My Portion. A review online states,"The album's sweet yet pulsating musical version of "The Lord's Prayer" is taken word for word from the Gospels of Matthew and Luke. Shane Everett lends his rare songwriting talent on "Rain Down," a song that reflects Psalm 27. The album's first radio single, a creative re-imaging of the beloved hymn, "My Hope Is Built," is based on Jesus' parable of the wise man who built his house on solid rock, found in Matthew, chapter seven."
- I also bought recently Casting Crown's, "Glorious Day." We sang it in church the other week and it a very moving praise song.
Monday, May 09, 2011
This is the third year in a row we have taken our vacation trip to Charleston for my dad's birthday (May 4th), and been able to stay at my grandmother's house (still cannot believe she is gone).
- Folly Beach!
- Charleston Crab House-restaurant
- Children's Museum of the Lowcountry
- James Island County park-Great playground only a few dollars to park (includes water park in the summer time)
- Homey and Grits-restaurant
- Fleeting Landing-restaurant
- Locklear's Beach and City Grill-restaurant
- Charleston Children's boutique (great hats, bows, and gifts)
- Once Upon a Child- kids consignment shop
- Phillips Shoe Store
- Horse and carriage ride (we did last year)
- Trip to Fort Sumter on a boat (we did last year)
- Charleston Aquarium (good to one or two times, but we did not do it this year)
- a kite to fly
- plan 2 days at the beach, since they loved it so much!
Sunday, May 08, 2011
Friday, May 06, 2011
The kids loved playing in the ocean this year, even though the water was a little chilly! We might have to plan another trip to the beach this year because the kids did so well and enjoyed it so much. Every year we take our big beach trip and one vacation of the year on the week of my dad's birthday in May (we stay at my dad's mom's house in Charleston). We had a great trip this year! Hopefully, I will get all my pictures uploaded soon (I am started to just upload pictures here on my blog, and not on facebook).