Thursday, February 15, 2007

Update on Andrew -Feb. 15, 2006

The good news is that they identified the source of the bleeding today. They found a fistula site from a shrapnel injury and also found that it is not an active bleeder. I am very excited about this! Next week they'll hopefully get to either his ear surgery and/or his leg surgery. Please pray that he can heal quickly from all of these injuries. Andrew wants so very much to be able to focus and work hard at therapy. He's ready to push himself and see improvements. At this point, he can't do that because of all of these setbacks. Thank you all for your many prayers!
~Katherine

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, My son was a year ahead of Andrew at USNA--he was company commander of 27 company. I live only an hour away from Bethesda/Walter Reed. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for Andrew and/or his family. I would love to help in any way. My son, Mike, and our entire family are praying for his recovery. Sue (thomas271@verizon.net)

Emily Wallace said...

Thank you so much. I just spoke to Katherine today and she still said prayer and lots of it is what they need. Andrew is in great spirits but because he is so smart he really fully understands what all is happening medically with him and what all he is about to endure. Just pray that the Lord continues to give him strength and the endurance to press on. Thank you again and if I can think of anything I will definitely let you know.

Anonymous said...

We certainly will continue to pray daily for Andrew's recovery. There is a whole USNA family doing the same. Mike saw some of Andrew's roomates down in Jacksonville and he is in all of their thoughts and prayers. Sue