Thursday, April 07, 2011

WeightWatchers Walk-!T Challenge: We Signed up for a 5K

Me and my friend went to WeightWatchers on Wednesday, and I was like, "oh great they are talking about a 5k the entire time...I am not doing that..."

Well, my leader Marti, the best leader I have ever had, gave us a pamphlet that has a $5 WeightWatchers PointsPlus Pedometer (so it makes it $18), and a 30% off coupon for a pair of Sketchers shoes. Also, it has step-by-step on how you train in 6 weeks to walk or run a 5K (y'all know I love a plan). She went on to explain that a 5K is only 3.1 miles, and that she was going to work it out so we will meet at a track May 21st Sat night at 6pm to run it, and we do not have to pay anything to run it (we get a 5k charm if we finish it).

Walking Guide Week 1:

Day 1: 10 min
Day 2: 10 min
Day 3: rest
Day 4: 12 min
Day 5: 12 min
Day 6: rest
Day 7: 15 min

Running Guide Week 1:

Day 1: 1 min Run, 1 min Walk, Repeat 10 x for total time of 30 min
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: same as Day 1
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: 2 min Run, 2 min Walk, Repeat 4 x for total time of 30 min
Day 6: 2 min Run, 2 min Walk, Repeat 3 x for total time of 25 min
Day 7: Rest

Me and my friend have now both lost 13 pounds (one week I had lost a total of 14 pounds, but this week I am back up a pound) with Weight Watchers since November of last year. I really think training for these 6 weeks will really help us lose the last 10 pounds we need to lose.

Also, this Saturday will be the last day to join up for Weight Watchers for $19.99 for the first month. When there is not a joining fee, I just pay weekly. But, when there is a joining fee you have to pay $13 a week and have to pay for the week you missed (you get 3 free misses every 6 months I think). Having a friend to go through this with me has made all the difference it the world!

I will hopefully weekly update you on how the training is going. As of now, I think my goal is to run maybe 2 miles of it and walk 1 mile. I will probably train for the running track, so it will be a challenge, but running 3.1 miles when I have not worked out since last summer is probably not a realistic goal. If you have any advice on training, I would love to hear it! Tomorrow we are going to a track with my WeightWatchers Pedometer.

Continue to pray for our house to sell - pretty sure no one ended up coming to the open house. There are around fifty houses in our new neighborhood in Columbia, and only three left for sell (ours being one of them), so we have faith that our house will sell, and He will get all the glory!

No comments: