Friday, July 13, 2007

9 Month Check Up

Dear Jackson,

This is how your 9 month check up went, yes we were living in Columbia during this time

  • Dr. Burchell said you were perfect! ( I think I hear her say that to everyone)
  • You were 50 percent in height ,29 inches
  • However, you were 30 percent in head size and height….but she said that you were not too fat and not too thin
  • You weighed in at 20 pounds
  • The doctor said since you are really 10 months, you need to be eating 6 jars of baby food a day! That is at 6 oz jars each….sorry mommy has only been feeding you about 3 jars
  • The doctor said that at 1 year you do not get your nutrients from the milk but from food so that is why it is important to begin eating a lot of good food and that you should have 18-24 ozs of whole milk a day when you turn 1 year.
  • You only had to get your Polio shoot and Mimi was with us so you did not cry for too long
  • You will now be eating food first when you eat breakfast (8 am 1 jar or pears and lots of cereal---trying for 2 jars here), lunch (12 pm squash and sweet potatoes usually---trying for 2 jars here) and dinner (6pm, apples, mac and cheese, and veggies---trying for 1 jars here).
  • You love to look at me and say "daddy" and recently you love to say "boom boom"
  • You love to hug (mainly me) and attempt to kiss me and your daddy
  • You love to wave at yourself and hold your hand while you are doing it
  • You have my appetite, but your daddy’s ability to stop on the dime when you are full….when you are done you are done

I did not think it was possible, but I love you more and more each day…wow just think about how much our wonderful Savior loves us.

Love,

Mommy

4 comments:

C.L. said...

Oh Emily, this is a beautiful letter to Jackson. It is amazing how you, as a mother, can observe all these great things about him already and how his personality already shines through! Praise God for little ones like him! I am excited to hear more about him as he grows and gets bigger. Much love, Caitlin

C.L. said...

Emily, what do you think about the Ezzo series that Tulipgirl is doing?

Emily Wallace said...

I am pretty sure Tulip Girl does not like Baby Wise at all. I do not want to protray Baby Wise as being infallible. The books are written by imperfect people but NOBODY wants to tell you what do with your baby because every baby is different. I also do not agree with “Grace-based parenting” where you just let your baby do whatever he or she wants to do, I do not know really know a lot about it thought. I try to read as much as a can and take a middle of the road approach to strict schedule and Grace parenting. However, the Baby Wise books are a tremendous resources and I definitely recommend reading it and learning as much as you can.

C.L. said...

Great! Thank you for your input! My sister gave it to me and I have been reading it and it has helped a lot. I had never heard anything against it before, though. So, I wondered what you thought. Love, Caitlin