Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just a Thought

I long to be where the praise is never ending
Yearn to the will where the glory never fades.”


After the fire, and losing a lot of my material possessions, I really started to think about if I was living for this world or for eternity. If I am really living for eternity, it would not bother me that much if everything in my house was destroyed (which was not the case). We cannot take it with us when we die, so why do we get attached to our stuff? Another question I keep asking myself is why, when something cannot get clean from the fire, do I get upset? Is it because it took me forever to find that white jacket? Or do I secretively love that white jacket? Am I really longing to be with my Savior in heaven for eternity? Or, am I storing for MYSELF treasures on earth and not treasures in heaven. Just a thought…. Would it really be the one of the worst things to happen to you, to loose your stuff in a fire? All it boils down to is stuff.

3 comments:

Leah F said...

Emily-Thanks for the words of encouragement! It was really what I needed to read today; this is silly, but I washed some new clothes today and got something on them that will not come out. New clothes now have permanent stains, and it was so devastating. Thank you for reminding me that my treasures are not here on earth, but are in heaven!

Emily Wallace said...

Thank you so much Leah for the encouragement! I act like sometimes that I can take my clothes with me when I die or something...I think it is a struggle for most women.

Mommy Reg said...

This is such a good reminder. It is so easy to put our eyes on the right now and forget that it doesn't matter in the eternal scheme of things. All of this stuff we treasure now is just ashes and meaningless when it boils down to it. Such a good reminder.