Monday, July 09, 2007

Update on Jackson, 9 months











Last week we went to Spartanburg for a week and for Gigi's birthday. It was wonderful because my dad was off for the week and could really help out with Jackson. I slept in my sister's room and they took care of him all morning long (Charlie came up Wednesday night). It was a wonderful restful week. My parents are such a blessing and boy do they love Jackson. Aunt Sandi came for Gigi's birthday and she is so good with him. She read to him and he listened for so long! I was able to go to Marshall's and the Polo outlet shopping, and got some great deals for me and Jackson since some of our clothes where destroyed in the fire.

Major Praise! He has gotten so strong that I could not lay down on the bed with him, without him trying to get off the bed when it was nap time or bed time. He is so strong now, I cannot hold him down on the bed. So, while we have been here with Charlie’s parents, HE JUST GOES TO SLEEP AFTER WE LAY HIM DOWN! It took a while but we put about 7 passies in his bed and lay him down with his blue bear and he goes to sleep. This had been the hardest aspect of Jackson’s day. Every time we would lay him down he would cry for like 30 minutes and then it would take another 30 minute for him to catch his breath. If God blesses me with another child, I will not lay the baby down with me no matter how much I want the baby to take a nap at a certain time. It is hard but letting Jackson self sooth has been a wonderful blessing for him and everyone. The first day or so he cried a good bit, but I would go in there and make sure he had a passi and lay him back down. By day 3 he was only crying a couple minutes, and now he gives everyone a night night kiss and holds his bear real tight and then goes to sleep, it is a miracle and God gets all the glory.

This is his schedule still 9 months (almost 10 months)

7:30 am wake up

8 am Diaper Change, Eat 6 ozs, usually 3 tablespoons of oatmeal cereal and half a jar of stage 3 gerber pears

8:30 am Watch Mickey Mouse Club house

9:45 am or 10 am Nap till 11:30 ish

11:45 am Diaper Change, Eat 6 ozs, the rest of the pears and stage 3 Squash

12:30-1:45 am play with toys especially this toy where he pushes it while he walks

1:45 or 2 pm Diaper Changes, Eats again (I know) 6 ozs. The rest of Squash and either more cereal or pears

3:15 pm or 3:45 till either 5 pm or 6 pm Nap

5:15 or 6 pm Diaper Change, Eat 6 ozs

6pm-7:30 pm Go aside take a walk, go out to eat for not a long time (teething biscuits or wonderful) He only like to play with tupperware in his high chair

Baths are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays

7:30 or 8 pm Diaper Change, Last bottle usually he eats 8 ozs here

9:15 Bed!

I know he still eats 5 times a day but I cannot get him to just eat 4 times a day if anyone has any suggestions I am all for it. He does take 2 good naps a day which is a huge praise. He will not eat more than 6 ozs when he has all that food. Also, any advice about starting whole milk when Jackson turns 1, I am all ears!

We are going Wednesday for his 9 month check up and shots even though Thursday he will be 10 months. I will let you know what all the doctor says.

3 comments:

Leah F said...

Emily-
I am so glad that Jackson is doing better with going to sleep. I know that is a huge HUGE praise! I hope that all is going well for y'all in n. Columbia:-)

Mommy Reg said...

Hi I stumbled across your blog today. As a mom of 4, I can tell you that your little one eating as much as he is isn't a big deal as long as he is gaining appropriately. My 7 month old still nurses or has a bottle every 2 to 3 hours during the day and eats 3 meals and nurses once sometimes twice in the middle of the night. No baby is the same no mater what the "experts" think. With milk, wait until he actually turns one then, put 2 oz of whole milk (it needs to be whole milk because babies need that fat for brain development) in the bottle with 4 oz of formula and let him start with that for a week or two. Then increase the milk by 2 oz and decrease the formula by 2 oz. Take is slow and steady and you should have a very smooth transition. I hope that helps.

Emily Wallace said...

Thank yall so much. Mommy reg, thank you so much for the advice...I will definitely be trying that! It is such a blessing to get advice from experienced moms!