Monday, September 03, 2007

Fun Labor Day Weekend!












Well, we have had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend. We decided not to go to the game Saturday since we were making so many trips to Columbia to look at houses. Alyssa and Sammy, friends from college, came over Saturday night and we had a fun visit with Jane Mac and Asher (Asher and Jackson are 1 day apart in age). Then, last night our entire immediate family came to see the house that we love and we celebrated Jackson's Birthday early with Charlie's sister Lauren. Jackson will be 1 September 12th! Last night we also offered on the house so pray that no one else has already made a better offer. Jackson is doing great. He loves Yo Baby yogurt and bread. I have given him 2 ozs of whole milk mix in with his bottle heated up today. I am going to add 1 oz of whole milk every day now. Pray that he starts to eat more food though...we offered him a waffle this morning and he wanted no part of it. Any suggestions with how to get Jackson to eat more food, I am all ears! He also cannot figure out how to drink out of cup so we have a lot of work to do this month. I am going to be consistent with trying the cup 3 times a day for 2 weeks. He still loves his formula and would eat 32 ozs every day and no food and be happy. Enjoy the pics!

5 comments:

C.L. said...

I can't believe how JAckson is growing!! He is SO cute! What a beautiful family you all are!

Emily Wallace said...

Thank you so much Caitlin! We are praying for you...this time last year I was in your shoes. God really taught me tremendous patience during that time. Keep us updated!

Unknown said...

Hey!! I haven't talked to you in forever!! Jackson is growing up fast...weird huh! I was watching some video of Bayne yesterday and she is completly different now!!
I was going to tell you that I started Bayne a while back on a sippy cup and found that one in particular would work. It has double handles and actually has a straw. It was the only one she would actually drink from at first!! It was from target and was like $6 or $7!
Bayne recently had a stomach virus and didn't eat real food for a couple of days. When we started back she was refusing to eat her veggies which was pretty odd. The only way I could get her to eat again was by having "Food Parties"!! hehe! I looked pretty stupid but she started to eat again!! Everytime she ate her veggie (unwillingly) I made a huge deal about it by clapping and so on!! Now everytime she eats her veggies, she claps!! hehe!! Just an idea!!
Congrats on the move!! Sounds like fun!!
Talk to you soon!!
In Christ,
Lisa Bryngelson

Mommy Reg said...

The eating new food stage is so fun and frustrating at the same time. Get a mesh bag thingy for soft fruits and veggies. Munchkin makes it. I don't know what it is called, but I put canned fruit (packed in it's own juice or water) in one for my munchkin and she loves it. Also, keep trying the waffles and pancakes torn into bite size pieces. Make your own with wheat flour, add some baby rice cereal, wheat germ and applesauce to give them added nutrition. Gerber makes a lot of great little finger foods, try and see what he will eat. And keep introducing foods over and over. Oh and scrambled egg is great to get protein in. Also, Cream of Wheat, I add baby fruit or Yo Baby Yogurt. Anything we eat that is soft, we try with her too. Okay that was a lot of info. Sorry, I hope it helps. My littlest one is at the same stage right now too. With the cup, I give mine a cup every day that has handles (mine is Avent) with water so she can learn how to use one. And the bottle for her diluted juice and an occasional feeding when I am not around to nurse. Anyway, this is what works for me. Maybe some of it will work for you. Have fun! And blessings!

Emily Wallace said...

Thank yall so much for the advice! He is doing better. He ate like 30 bites of scrambled eggs but it only amounted to barely 1 egg. It is going to take some patience that is for sure because it takes him like 30 minutes to eat 50 calories worth of food. If anyone has any more advice, I am all ears!