Friday, September 28, 2007

Jackson's 12 month visit to the doctor/Pictures from my 27th Birthday











I had a great 27th birthday in Sparkle with all my family...Aunt Sandi and Uncle Larry even came! I am so blessed! The last 2 pictures are of Sophie who came to play with Jackson (Sophie is Meg's baby girl and 3 weeks older than Jackson).

At the Doctor:
He was in the 50 percentile in Head—Yay!! He has always been in like the 20%
He was 50% in Length
He was 25% in Weight weighing in at 22 pounds. My doctor said she was not worried about the weight because of switching to whole milk and being so active walking everywhere. Right now he is on track to be 5'10," but who knows...
She said he was doing great and that I did not have to give up bottles as long as he does not lay down with it or go to sleep with it (that is what rots their teeth)
He is still on the bottle. Because we have had so much change the last couple of months, I am just taking things slow. He does eat whole milk all day and one formula bottle right before bed. He eats about 18 ozs of whole milk a day. My next step is to get him to drink it cold, and then we will go to the cup (which he is drinking 2 or 3 ozs of right now). By 15 months I really want his bottle to be gone .

He had 4 shots (even the chicken pox one!) and was hot the next day.

What I wish I had known/done
I wish I had tried many different foods at 9 months because he really does not like too many different kinds of food.
Started the cup more at 9 months.
That Target has the best plastic bibs.
Whole milk is harsh on their stomach and they do not need a lot of it. Formula is a well balanced meal and they get iron from it but not so much from whole milk
I was really glad that someone here on the blog recommended me to add 1 oz of whole milk everyday with the bottle. That was one of the best advices ever and worked. He was more fussy with the whole milk so some days I would not add any more whole milk
Babies need iron that comes from greens so I would have pushed the greens more.
The best toys for him is a “popper” that is like a vacuum that we got at Once Upon a Child, and this Noah book he can pull parts out of. He also loves anything that plays music loudly or any kind of ball or toy with a ball.
They stop listening when you say “no” and the Pack and Play works well with discipline issues.

3 comments:

Mommy Reg said...

Happy birthday! Blessings upon many blessings this year as you have so much transition at this time.

Every child you learn a little more and every time you look back saying "I wish I would have known..." and then you realize that every kid is different and not everything works with all of them. I am second guessing myself daily on if I am doing it right with my fourth. I think that is God's way of making sure we rely on Him and don't get too cocky. It sounds like you are doing an excellent job. :)

C.L. said...

I can't believe Jackson's already 1 years old!! Weren't we just throwing you a baby shower?! Thank you for posting and sharing, it is so helpful!! Hope you are enjoying your new place in ministry.

Emily Wallace said...

Thank yall so much! We are really enjoying our new ministry but real ready to be together again. This Friday we are all going to Cola for 10 days to live with Charlie's parents and then we will be moving Oct. 15th! We are really excited and Caitlin we are praying for you and reading your blog daily.