Friday, September 28, 2007

Jackson's Schedule- 12 months old

Charlie and I are in Columbia right now and my parents have Jackson. We packed boxes all day in Sumter in a no air conditioned house. Praise the Lord we got 80% done! We are going to the USC game tomorrow and have a weekend just us! Next week is our last week in Spartanburg and then we are in Columbia for good. This is the crazy detailed schedule that I typed out for my parents for the weekend….I thought some of you might find this helpful/humorous

Jackson’s Day 1 year old

Morning
a) Wake up anywhere from 7:15-7:45 (do not wake him up)
b) Diaper Change
c) Eat either eggs first or adult yogurt (he will not usually eat both just one or the other)
d) Offer juice
e) While fixing the bottle if fussy and REFUSING TO EAT give him the little sweet potato puffs while in the high chair
f) Heat up 5 ozs of whole milk and 1 oz of formula (make sure the formula is on the top so he gets it) for 6 ozs total
g) Play time usually watching tv, Disney playing with balls, etc
h) Nap time AT 9:40 AT THE EARLIEST 10:30 at the latest–try to get him down about 10 AM. Make sure all 7 passi are in there and located all around the crib, turn fan on and turn down the ac. Make sure he has pants on when taking a nap

Midday
a) Wake up anywhere from a little after 11 am to 12 pm (Usually right at 11:15 am)
b) Diaper Change
c) Eat anywhere from 11:30 to 12:30 try for like 11:45 pm..try to get fruit in him if he had no yogurt that morning. Most days he will just he yogurt but you can try squash, bread, sweet potato or basically anything you can get in him. Offer juice again
d) Heat up 4 ozs again like stated earlier with 1 oz formula on top (he usually only eats 4 ozs or so here)
e) Play this is a hard time here I would advice going somewhere

Snack earliest 1:45-latest 3 pm ...try to do 2 pm
a) Diaper Change
b) Heat up 6 ozs again with 1 oz formula on top
c) Usually eats all his bottle here and usually does #2 here

Afternoon Nap earliest 2:45 latest 4 pm Usually sleeps till about 5:10 or so

Dinner earliest 5:15 LATEST 6:30 (this is important here not to feed him past 6:30) Usually eats at like 5:45
a) Diaper Change
b) Eats usually some sort of meet as some baby food or pudding or whatever you can get him to eat
c) Heat up 4 ozs here—he normally only eats 4 just make sure the top oz is formula
d) Play

Bath time at 7:30 I think yall know how to now

Night Bottle earliest 7:45 latest 8:30 try for 8 pm
a) Diaper Change, ALL FORMULA HERE YOU CAN GIVE HIM 8 OZS use the same bottle different drop in

Bed time earliest 8:45 latest 9:30 READ A BOOK TO HIM OR HE MIGHT CRY WHEN YOU PUT HIM DOWN HERE

If he wakes up in the middle of the night and cries for more than a couple minutes just get him out of the bed and comfort him and then put him back down after a while even if he cries when you put him down WAIT AT LEAST A COUPLE OF MINUTES BEFORE GOING BACK IN

When traveling the bottles can sit out a couple of hours and be ok so you do not have to bring cooler to go to Greenville just make sure you have 1 more bottle than you think you will need.

You can give him crakers whenever he is fussy be sure to pack them when you go to Greenville along with diapers and juice cup and toys

3 comments:

Leah F said...

Emily-
I completely understand: my directions for our babysitter last night were two pages long, typed out with explicit details! The babysitter loved them, but Nathan mocked my 'thoroughness'. I am glad y'all are doing so well and are settling in Columbia. I want to see pictures of the house!!!

By the way, Happy Birthday!!!

Emily Wallace said...

I am so glad to hear that someone else types out instructions! I had the craziest dream the other night that we were all in Target and I was looking after Georgia and all of the sudden I decided to bath her in the middle of the Target. There was a bathtub there and everything and Jackson got all mad that I was not bathing him. It was crazy just wanted to share...I knew you would find that humorous. Guess me and Jackson have been reading your blog too much recently.

The house is still not done they have not put down the yard yet so that is why there is no pictures yet. But it will just be 14 more days and we will be living there! And believe me I will have picture..this is our first house we have ever owned!

Leah F said...

Emily-
I trust you enough that I will let you bathe my daughter in Target if you want to! Ha ha! What a fun, crazy dream! I love those--they are so much better than sad or scary dreams:-) I am so glad that you are moving very soon into your new home. What a huge blessing and praise it is. Can't wait to see pictures and hear more about it. Take care!