Saturday, April 12, 2008

"I Stand Amazed in the Presence"

This song, "I Stand Amazed in the Presence" was done so well at the conference we attended.

Jackson turned 19 months old today and it just seems like yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. He had a fever all day yesterday, and the strep test was negative, so pray that God gives the doctors wisdom if he continues to have a fever. His fever finally broke this morning, but the doctor said he had puss pockets on his throat. We did not have to miss one Sunday in March, so I am so thankful to God that he has been able to stay well for entire 6 weeks. God gets all the glory!

I was still able to go the M.O.M Children Clothing and Equipment Sale with Charlie's sister, Lauren, last night since this sale is only twice a year. Moms who have twins who live in the Lexington area sell their items that they do not need anymore and this sale is held at a large Presbyterian church's gym. We had such a great time! I was able to get so much for Jackson there! I got another car seat, a booster seat, a training potty, building blocks like the ones he plays with at the church, a cute chair for him to sit in, a hat, a Wiggles car, and a phone! I have not bought Jackson any toys since before Christmas since he got so many toys at Christmas. You would not believe how much I spent....it was such a steal. I guess since I have been working so hard to save us money through our grocery and out to eat budget, I just have not been able to justify spending $20 or $30 on 1 toy that he is only going to use for a year or so.

Anyway, back to this amazing song! I see and understand how God loves us so much more now that I am a parent. I see Jackson's sin and I want to instruct him, but it does not change how much I love him. In fact, his shortcomings, him growing in his self-control (not wanting to harm anything when he gets frustrated) makes me love him even more. I see his heart changing, and I see his heart and love for other people, and I get so excited to think what all God is going to do through Jackson. After going to this conference, maybe God will use Jackson's dramatics to preach God's word dramatically and powerfully. God truly is our father and he loves us unconditionally like a father does.

I think you can get some really great versions of this song on itunes.

"I Stand Amazed in the Presence"

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

Refrain

O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!

For me it was in the garden
He prayed: “Not My will, but Thine.”
He had no tears for His own griefs,
But sweat drops of blood for mine.

Refrain

In pity angels beheld Him,
And came from the world of light
To comfort Him in the sorrows
He bore for my soul that night.

Refrain

He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.

Refrain

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.

Refrain

1 comment:

Mommy Reg said...

I am constantly amazed at how God has changed the way I see him and life through becoming a mom. I love that hymn, it is one of my absolute favorites.