Saturday, September 26, 2009

29 and Holding


I had a great birthday yesterday! My parents met us for lunch at Harbison and we had a "birthday party" (Jackson called it) at Chill's. My parents took Abigail back to Spartanburg for the weekend. This is the first time I have been apart from her since she had some trouble sleeping at night. We were able to take a 2 hour nap yesterday which was such a blessing. Today Charlie's parents where able to come to Jackson's soccer game, and took us out to lunch afterwards. I have had a wonderful birthday weekend!

I am 29 years old now and holding. I am really not that uptight about turning 30, because God has granted me so many desires of my heart. I have a wonderful husband and will have been married for 6 years. I will also have a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old at thirty. We are in full time ministry and seeing God work in unbelievable ways, and I never wake up in the morning dreading my day. God has richly blessed in more ways than I could have ever dreamed of.

1 comment:

Mommy Reg said...

I wanted to tell you happy birthday even though it is a bit late. I pray your last year in your twenties is the best one yet. :)