Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Wednesday's Weight Watchers: I Have Lost 13.6 Pounds Now

It has been slow going (I joined WeightWatchers in October of last year), but having a friend go with me every week has made all the difference in the world. I have lost five percent of my body weight and three pounds away from 10 percent of my body weight. I have never done Weight Watchers during November and December (Thanksgiving and Christmas), but I am so glad I did this year because I did not gain weight during those holidays.

It would be losing weight quicker if I was going to work out classes that I love, but I have not been doing that. A friend recently told me about Shapes by Jodi in Kings Mountain that I will hopefully check out soon. In Columbia, I had one of the best workout teachers ever Lisa and I loved taking Body Step and Body Combat with her.

The key for me with Weight Watchers is planning out what I will eat the day before I eat it. Additionally writing everything down is key and I got a new cute cover for my 3 month journal.

I do need to increase my veggie intake, but I am really enjoying eating all the fresh fruit I like for 0 points.

Yesterday I ate:

Fiber One Bar 4 points

Banana 0 points

Weight Watchers Smart One Meal 7 points
Weight Watchers Brownie will lite cool whip 4 points

Grapes 0 points
Fiber One Yogurt 1 point

Dry Cereal 4 points

Weight Watchers Cheeseburger 5 points
Cookies 4 points

(usually I try to eat veggies at night for supper).

Total points-29 points not going over my points and most people's point value for a day which is 29 points and you get 49 extra points for a week to use (you also can earn points by working out).

Praying I can figure out a good goal weight for me so I can FINALLY become a lifetime member of Weight Watchers.

What type of exercising to you do and enjoy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, my name is patty, and amazingly enough i came across your blog on accident. i was looking up the new WW Points Plus program and one of your posts popped up as a reference. i enjoyed your blog and was wondering if you know how i can purchase a new points plus calculator? i have one of the old ones, and would like one for the Points Plus. i lost 31 lbs doing WW last year and would now like to lose another 10 using the plus program. i cannot afford to join WW, which is why i'd like to purchase one of the new calculators. i'm so excited to read that you are a Christian...i am too....where would we be without our Savior! Congrats on your weight loss and best wishes!

~patty
romacks5@comcast.net

Emily Wallace said...

Patty, great to hear from you!

I think the only place you can get a calculator is at Weight Watchers meetings. Some sites let you buy calculator without being a member, but others do not. I will tell you it is worth the money learning the new system for sure (only $13 a week here and do not have to pay for missed meetings right now).

Let me know if you have any more questions and thanks for your comment...so encouraging!

Emily Wallace said...

emilywallace80@hotmail.com