Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thursday's Tip

Charlie just gave me his ipod touch...he is awesome. So some things I have been enjoying on my new ipod:
  • The Bible Experience on itunes. I downloaded just 1 Samuel because that is where I am in reading the Bible through in a year and i have listened to it all in 2 days! I really enjoyed all the different voices...it was very powerful! I listened to it while I ran, did chores, etc.
  • Second recommendation is Shane and Shane's "Everything is Different" cd. My favorite song on the cd is "For the Good," and Charlie's is "My Portion. A review online states,"The album's sweet yet pulsating musical version of "The Lord's Prayer" is taken word for word from the Gospels of Matthew and Luke. Shane Everett lends his rare songwriting talent on "Rain Down," a song that reflects Psalm 27. The album's first radio single, a creative re-imaging of the beloved hymn, "My Hope Is Built," is based on Jesus' parable of the wise man who built his house on solid rock, found in Matthew, chapter seven."
  • I also bought recently Casting Crown's, "Glorious Day." We sang it in church the other week and it a very moving praise song.
What about you, what are some new praise songs you are enjoying these days?

No comments: