Thursday, December 07, 2006

Update on Andrew-December 7th



Andrew has now been taken off of the ventilator (that was attached to the trach) and is breathing just fine. He still remains critical and in the ICU, but, he is improving rapidly and continues to maintain a very positive attitude. Dad told me today that he has gotten excellent at talking with his lips and at spelling out words on the word chart. He’s “talking” to all of the doctors and nurses, continuing to be the courteous and the sweet man my mom raised him to be. J From what I hear, he’s very aware of the situation he’s in, remains positive despite his circumstances, and is already looking to the future. He told a friend that he looks forward to getting his legs so he can go dancing again. I know this will be a difficult feat considering the extreme level of amputation he has suffered, but I also really believe that with Andrew, he can make anything possible. God has already done the impossible by keeping him alive and I really see how God is going to continue to astound us as He works in Andrew’s life. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I know I say that a lot, but I believe with all of my heart that your prayers have made such a difference. Thank you!

~Katherine

No comments: