Saturday, January 13, 2007

A New Year, God's Word, and Your Life

Psalm 119:9-16:

How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.


I seek you with all my heart;

do not let me stray from your commands.

I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.

Praise be to you, O LORD;
teach me your decrees.

With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.

I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.

I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.

I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word."


This week Dr. Rummage talked about God's Word in your life. He said that "This Book is your source of Power, use it and your ministry will honor the Lord, refuse it and the drought of sin will prevail."

Several Principles in Keeping God's word in Your life:

1) Need to be Cleansed By God's Word (vs.) We need to read it, do what it says to stay refined.

2) We need to Keep Close to it (vs. 10) We have also got to pray

3) We need to Be Corrected By it (vs 11)

4) We need to be contented by God's Word (vs. 12-14)

5) We need to be committed to God's Word (vs. 15-16)

Am I truly delighting in God's Word and Mediating on it? Do I hit the floor and ask how can I glorify God today? Or do I ask how do I feel?



No comments: