Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas 2007...Lots of Pictures!




















The first picture is of Jackson getting his very realistic vacuum cleaner. I should say under that picture, "One play vacuum cleaner, 19.99 at Toys R Us...Jackson's face....priceless." I think we could have just got him that for Christmas and he would have been content. Anyway, we also got a dvd player for the car from our parents that we got at Sams...Yeah! (it is 10 inches). And Charlie and I got him The Jesus Story Book Bible, by Sally Lloyd-Jones. It is such a great book I might be posting a story from the book. I found the best deal for this book at Westminster Bookstore at http://www.wtsbooks.com/ The other pictures are from us enjoying family time with my dad's extended family (this year is our year to go to be with my parents for Christmas). All my cousins have had babies so all the little ones are my cousins' children...they are so precious! On the 22nd we celebrated Christmas with Charlie's family and Jackson got lots of Veggie Tale tapes, toys, and great gift cards to the Sandhills mall. We really had a wonderful Christmas celebrating Jesus birth. We went to a beautiful candlelight service on Christmas Eve. God has blessed us so much this Christmas. I am so thankful that the Lord did not take my father up to heaven this month. We are so blessed to have him!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily! It's Kristi from several years ago - I think the last time I saw you was when we went to Lisa B's wedding, or maybe something we did with Mamie? I don't know!! Anyway, I totally stumbled upon your blog a few minutes ago looking at some links from another blog - so neat! I was like, "I think I know her!"

It's so great to see your blog and see that God is doing such wonderful works in your marriage and family - Jackson is a beautiful child! Blessings in 2008 :)

Anonymous said...

Hey- Callie from Washington here :) Okay- so we also have The Jesus Storybook Bible, and IT ROCKS!!! I must say, however, that the reason it is so great for us is that our 4 year old already knows the Bible stories up, down, and sideways. We used much more basic stuff with her until this year, so the storybook Bible is more meaningful to her because she already knows the basics and is now able to build on that. We won't start reading that version to our younger ones until they have the basics down much more. Bu what a most wonderful perspective it has! My husband said he wants to preach from it because so many adults don't have that great of an understanding of what the Bible truly is about and its purpose! :) Merry Christmas!
- Callie Jones

Emily Wallace said...

I am so glad you found me! It is so great to hear from you! How did you find my blog? That is crazy. I love reading blogs and I cannot wait to read all about yours. We are going back out of town tomorrow....I will be looking forward to seeing how yall are doing. That is so wonderful that God has blessed yall with 3 children. Please keep in touch!

Callie thanks for the advice and encouragement. It is great to hear from you!

Mommy Reg said...

Looks like lots of squeals of delight happened! :) Baby G couldn't stop squealing it was so cute. I'll have to look into the Storybook Bible. I don't think I have seen that one yet. I am so glad you got to spend Christmas with your father! God is so good to us. A good reminder that every day is a gift from the Lord. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Got the storybook bible for Asher and Jayne Mac for Christmas too. It is great, especially for family worship time. And Jayne Mac loves looking at all the pictures, and naming the characters!

Emily Wallace said...

I know the Story Book Bible ministers to me and Charlie tremendously. It has been such a huge blessing. Thanks so much for the encouragement ladies! Yall are really a blessing to me.