Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Jackson is 15 months old today!










We actually went for his 15 month old check up today:

He weighed in at 22 pounds and 12 oz (25%)

Height was 30 ¼ in (25%)

Head circumference 47 cm (45%)…he use to be in the 15%!

We are at a new pediatrician office and they actually asked me to fill out questioners. Jackson was doing everything he is suppose to be doing except he does not point to his head when I ask him to point to it (pointing to certain body parts) But he is advanced when he comes to problem solving issues such as putting blocks in containers and taking them out, and trying to sweep up the floor. We only had to get the Hep. A shot today (he has already had chicken pox…he had a ton of shots when he turned 1).

Some issues:

  1. He fell last weekend at my parents house and his bottom 2 teeth cut the top of his top two teeth gums…she said it looked fine!
  2. He still loves his morning bottle and night time bottle. During the day I can feed him enough table food that he is ok. The doctor recommended putting water in his bottle (this helps with constipation as well) and put warm whole milk in a cup. I just feel like he does not eat enough some days so I am having a hard time getting rid of the night time bottle. She said to be sure to brush his teeth after he eats the bottle….the main concern is for his teeth. Some days he has 3 scrambled eggs in 1 day! He loves grits, yogurt (yo-plait), baby food of sweet potatoes, squash, and banana strawberry. Sometimes I will feed him eggs in the morning and at night. He also loves bread, crackers, pudding, etc. He is doing a lot better with eating…he will even eat chicken. Mimi even got him to eat some green beans from KFC! He also likes most dry cereals.
  3. He is bored and ready to learn. I am going to sign him up to go the Lexington library once a week. When I worked at the YMCA, I used to schedule out activities for the kids and on Sunday night and I am going to have to start scheduling out his activities for the week. Part of the problem is that we had to stay home for like 10 days while he had the flu. Do yall plan activities for your children? Have yall read Toddler Wise? Do yall do an activity schedule for your toddlers? Toddler Wise says children until they turn 3 learn best by actually seeing things such as animals and that is why it is so good to go to the zoo! Usually 2 major schedule activities a week are good for toddlers such as the library and a play date.
These first pictures of us at Barnes and Noble. It always cracks me up how people go to coffee places to ignore each other....Some of them just could not help but notice Jackson!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Have you ever tried feeding Jackson lasagna or soft tacos? Asher loves both of those things. Oh yeah, and grilled cheeses too! All easy, easy to make and easy for little people to eat. One more thing, veggie burgers and turkey dogs, of course cut up well.
I am sure you have heard this before, too, but they really will eat when they are hungry. There are plenty of days when Asher skips lunch completely or Jayne Mac goes to bed without dinner b/c they just aren't interested in eating. There is some kind of medical term for little kids not wanting to eat, but it really won't hurt them, and they won't starve even though I know I would if I ate the way they did.
Hope y'all are doing well and adjusting to being in Columbia. Hope to see yall sometime soon!

Emily Wallace said...

Thank you so much Alyssa. I love hearing any food ideas! You have to call me the next time you go the Columbia zoo...we live right near it! We would really love that!

C.L. said...

Jackson is so cute and looks very happy. He definitely has your smile!

Mommy Reg said...

Baby G eats pretty much anything we do as long as it is soft and easy to chew. She loves pasta of all kinds. I heat up chicken patties that are like giant nuggets (inexpensive and great protein) and cut it up into little pieces for her, she will eat half no problem. And she loves bananas, canned pears, and soft carrots.
I have never scheduled out daily activities for my toddlers but instead just stick with routines mostly. Instead what we do is allow them to come along side us while we are doing our thing. That is what my husbands parents did and the result is seen in how all 5 of their kids are now. I always like to look at what people did in the old days and Biblical times for an example of how to do life. We are very old fashioned in our child rearing and thinking. I read some excerpts of the Babywise and Toddlerwise when we were getting ready to have our oldest and found that we disagree with many things in the books. Instead we were given books by Micheal and Debbie Pearl of No Greater Joy Ministry (nogreaterjoy.org). Many friends of ours have used their books and methods and the results are in their grown children. What I see in them I want for my kids.