Monday, January 07, 2008

Reading the Bible Every Day!

This Week's Reading:

Monday Jan. 7th: Genesis 18-19
Tuesday: Gen. 20-22
Wed: Gen. 23-24
Thursday: Gen. 25-26
Friday: Gen 27-28
Sat: Gen 29-30
Sunday: Gen 31
Monday Jan. 14th. Gen. 33-35

You can also go to this site: http://eword.gospelcom.net/year/31/cjan01.htm

What I do:
1. I have a journal and I write the date at the top of my page, and sometimes a prayer at the beginning. I always write the titles down that are found in my NIV student study Bible, as well as what I learned from my readings that day
2. I listen to it through the NIV dramatized version on cd through the computer with my Bible in front of me taking notes.
3. Try to memorize Ps. 23 at the end of my devotion time, and try to think about the chapters I read throughout that day.
4. I try to make it a priority by not letting myself put makeup on or get dressed for the day, until I have read the Bible.

I am reading the Bible through in a year doing it chronically in my Bible Study that mets Tuesday mornings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to hear about how people are discipling themselves to stay in the Word. It always helps to have more tools and tricks to stay consistent. It's nice to meet you and I'm subscribed to your blog. I got here via your husband's blog.

Emily Wallace said...

Great! I am so excited when I see that any of my post are a help (knowing I am not wasting my time here). Thanks for your encouraging comments!