Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wild Man Jackson!







These pictures are just because...we have a fun time!

Facts about Jackson at 16 months

  1. He got 1 complete molar in, another has completely broke the skin, and then the third molar is about to break the skin (all this happened last week while he was sick). So he has 11 teeth in all now. They all seemed to come at once. I think they get like 20 baby teeth….am I right?
  2. I get his augmentin done him by putting him on the changing table and putting my arm around his head and then my hands hold his hands. I just plunge a little at a time. I make sure to applaud him which he response really well to and we get it all in.
  3. He has no patience (A.D.D. already) so he gets real bored when he is eating…it takes him a while. So, to get him eat his entire meal he must be watching Mickey Mouse in the high chair…
  4. To get out tough stains I spray shout on his shirts and then spray it off with hot water using my sprayer in the sink before I put his clothes in the washer
  5. Nap Time changes daily, which makes it a little harder to plan out our days. Some days he would like 2 naps because he is tired, but other days he just needs 1 nap. We transitioning to 1 nap a day. Today he did great a slept from 1:40 to almost 4 and then went to bed earlier (8:20). It will be great when Jackson wants to do this every day.
  6. Saving money: I am using Walmart brand diapers during the day since I change him so many times a day, and then I use Huggies brand at night because the Walmart brand will not work all night long. I also like Target brand wipes. I know some women have stated on their blogs that they only spend $35 dollars a week on grocery and foods but I really have no idea how they do that. I could maybe see $50 or $75 dollars, but $35....how in the world???? I think they suggest buying a certain book to read to see how you do this. I know they use a lot of coupons. If yall have any tips on how to spend only even $50 a week on grocery and food, I am all ears!

8 comments:

Mommy Reg said...

So cute and fun! I can see the mommy love in your eyes. That is so awesome. Blessings to you.

Emily Wallace said...

Thanks so much! We have a good time. I am never going to complain about our days again....it is so much easier when he is not sick (I seem to forget this very quickly).

Anonymous said...

Wait, I just read the part about spending only $35 a week on groceries?! Do these people have children, and husbands!? I would say almost half of our budget goes to groceries! Diapers alone cost about $30, then wipes...these ladies must know a secret that I don't. When you find out, please let me know!

Emily Wallace said...

Yes, these women have husbands and children. They are real big on coupons and use them every week…they get these coupons through the paper. I think they just order the paper for the weekend. They also plan every single meal out a week ahead of schedule, and I think they make many things from scratch. Also, some of them I think use cloth diapers and wipes, which I just cannot make myself do (the amount of time you would spend washing the diapers and wipes I think would be a ton and is just not worth it for me). Here is the link to the blog site: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/2008/01/financial-shape-in-2008-challenge.html
The name of the blog is “Money Saving Mom.” She also recommends the book Supermarket Savings 101. If you find any of this helpful, let me know! I am trying to get our grocery out to eat to $100 a week, but it is hard. Some moms also get 100 dollars out in cash for a week and put it in an envelope. When they money is out, they say they find real creative ways to make supper at home with bread and cheese or whatever they have left. Hope this is helpful info!

Emily Wallace said...

I know that link did not work so I am going to link it on the side of my blog entitled, "Great Blogs"

C.L. said...

Love the pictures! My sister's baby is 2 and she said she LOVES this time, it's so fun to see them grow and have a little personality! Jackson is soooo cutie!
I do a lot of things from scratch and that helps a lot with our money. I make bread from scratch (it doesn't take that long) and just about everything. Artur eats bread 2 times a day minimum so that saves a lot of money. We don't have any cans in our house and harlyd any frozen veggies. We spend about 70 euros every two weeks on groceries and then sometimes I have to make special runs for milk. But, I will make big pots of soups or rice that end up lasting 3 days or even 4. That is how we save. They don't have coupons in Germany, so we just have to do our best!

Emily Wallace said...

Thanks Caitlin for the encouraging words. You make me want to cook more! How much is 70 Euros come out to be in American dollars? I bet they do not have Walmart in Europe....haha. Some days I wish there was not Walmart here! I have got to learn how to not spend so much there. Thanks for sharing, you are so helpful!

C.L. said...

I forgot to mention I didn't add cost of diapers in there! I told Artur yesterday that with our next baby, we'll have cloth diapers because it is so much cheaper. 70 euros is about 110 dollars or something. So, we spend on average 55 dollars on groceries a week. I do big grocery shopping and we eat EVERYTHING before I go again. That's part of how we do it so cheap, when I have to go to the store, I HAVE to go because we only have tomatoe sauce and pasta left!