Saturday, November 08, 2008

Great Product! Worth Every Penny "BABYBJÖRN Eat& Play Smock- Blue "

Jackson loves applesauce, but he makes a complete mess when he eats it. He insist on feeding himself but has to feed himself by scooping up the applesauce and then turning his spoon backwards to his mouth. It gets everywhere! My friend, Katherine, told me about this eat and play smock that you can only get at Target.com (you cannot get it in Target stores) a while back. It is great because it is long sleeve smock. We just recently got it because he completely ruined an outfit last week. It is overpriced at $25 (and then you have to pay extra in shipping), however, I feel it is worth it and not ruining outfits. Do you use a huge bib for big food messes? How to I teach Jackson how not to turn his fork and spoon upside down?...he has a complete meltdown when I try to correct him and then refuses to eat...fun times.

3 comments:

Mommy Reg said...

For messy meals, we found really large bibs at target a long time ago. They are like front paint smocks and work great. They were like $5 for a pack of 2. Also, really cheap over sized t-shirts work well just put over the clothes. At home, I just strip them down hand them the spoon and let them go for it. They learn by watching and trying and eventually he will get the hang of it on his own. Baby G covers herself from head to toe all the time with whatever she is eating but I let her be and know that she will figure it out on her own. It is an area where being relaxed is much easier.

Susan said...

I am not very organized either but I can share clothes with you if I have extra things (if you need them). Let me know Jackson's sizes. Surely he does not wear the same size as the twins.
Also, I loved your deal at CVS. I can never keep up with the coupons. I do try to use them on formula and diapers though.

Emily Wallace said...

Thanks so much Mommy Reg. I will have to check out those bibs at Target.

Susan-It is great to hear from you! Jackson wears 2t's I hope it stays that way for a while. We love any clothes that you do not want!I'm glad you've enjoyed the CVS posts. Couponing is so much fun.