Friday, April 03, 2009

A Shelter in the Time of Storm


While I was at Southeastern, I had the privileged of meeting Paul Tripp. He along with his brother Tedd have written some of the best truly Biblical counseling books out there. The counseling classes at Southeastern were my favorite classes.

Paul Tripp has a new book just released entitled A Shelter in the Time of Storm based on Psalm 27. I was able to read a little bit of it online and it looks great. I would highly recommend it! Tripp writes,

"We really do live in a fallen world. We have not been given a ticket out of the brokenness of this world simply because we are children of God....The world we live in simply in not operating the way God intended.

There is a second thing we know for sure. There is a God of awesome grace who meets his children in moments of darkness and difficulty. He is worth running to. He is worth waiting for. He brings rest when it seems like there is not rest to be found.

But there is a third thing. You and I were not hardwired to make our way through this fallen world on our own. We were meant to exist with eyes filled with the beauty of his presence and hearts at rest in the lap of his goodness. This is what I love about the Psalms. They put difficulty and hope together in the tension of hardship and grace that is the life of everyone this side of eternity."

Amen and Amen.

Go here to order your copy: http://www.wtsbooks.com/product-exec/product_id/6170

Also I saw on the email I received that Elyse Fitzpatrick has a new book out as well for ladies entitled Comforts from the Cross. Anything written by her is excellent. These counseling books are books you will not be able to put down.

No comments: