Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Hope Is Built

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

Refrain

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

Refrain

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

Refrain

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Refrain

(based on Mathew 7:25-26).


This is Abigail's hymn we sing to her. Jackson's hymn is "Great is Thy Faithfulness."

Rocking my babies to sleep I wanted to sing them a hymn and the year Jackson was born God showed me "Great is Thy Faithfulness" time after time in different ways. He is faithful to provide for our every need, their is no shadow of turning with Him!

Tonight, Abigail wanted some more bottle so I was able to sing this to her. God has shown me this hymn throughout her first year of life over and over again. One of my best friends tragically lost her sister and the words to this hymn kept ringing in my ears time after time.

"My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness."


Our hope is in nothing less than Jesus and His plan for our life that will ultimately glorify Him and help us die to ourselves and depend on Him for everything.

No comments: