Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday's Tip: Working out at Home

I wrote on Facebook:

"Emily Wallace has just canceled our gym membership and will not be going to Body Step for the first time in three years because the classes are not offered when we can go now that Jackson is going to Pre-School and playing soccer again. What work out videos do you recommend at home (we have a great room out back for working out) besides P90X? Zumba? Insanity?"

Got back in response:

"
Jillian Michael's Shred....20 minute workouts, but very good."

"Anything Jillian is GREAT! Do you have TimeWarner Digital cable - they have Exercise TV on Demand - It's free and the workouts change all the time!"

Very thankful for help people give on Facebook. I think I am going to try one of Jillian's workouts and Exercise TV on Demand.

I am planning to try to work out Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

We finally have gotten ourselves into a good schedule here but now things are going to change with Preschool and soccer starting. Throughout the summer we would go to the gym Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturday (mornings). Mondays we would stay in the house and I would wash-clothes all day and "recover" from Sunday. Wednesday morning we would go to Wal-Mart. I think our Monday/Wednesday schedule will stay the same, but, I am now going to try to work out while they take a nap on Mondays and Wednesdays. It is hard, though, without accountability!

Weight Watchers tip for the week: If you want something to eat really bad and are not hungry, wait 15 minutes, and if you still want it 15 minutes later then eat it. I have also been thinking is eating "goldfish" (or any snack food that my babies are eating) really worth not being able to reach my goal? Is this food worth my stomach still being large? The answer is usually "no!"

What workout would you recommend at home?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, i know you said something other than p90x, but it really does work! I have had more energy, flexibility and strength. And I love that I can see my arms getting so toned...but not scary muscles! And I recently became reacquainted with my hips bones, ha! They had been gone so long I thought maybe I had lost them!
I have also heard, though, that Jillian's videos are great as well! Good luck with your search. Keep us posted on what you find!