Thursday, December 16, 2010

Update on our House: Having Faith


I talked to our Realtor yesterday and he informed me that our house is the last house in our new neighborhood for sale (which is good) by Realtor. When we were in Columbia last month, I laid hands on the house and prayed in Jesus' name that it would sale soon. Literally two minutes later, a couple was in our driveway and I showed our house to them. I have never had a prayer answered so quickly! This definitely increased my faith.

But, we never heard back from this couple, and a house in our neighborhood did sell in November. Yesterday we lowered the price again, to a Biblical number ending in 7 (this is only the second time we have lowered the price). I also put our house on Craigslist.The market in Columbia is down 40 percent from the year before, and the year before that is was down 40 percent as well. Please pray with me that our house will sell by March (in February house will have been on the market for a year)! Let me know if you have any other suggestions on selling our house. http://www.realestatebook.com/homes/listing/101-3000234304/209-Gardenwalk-Dr-West-Columbia-SC-29170/

This week in Bible Study a verse that really hit me hard was Hebrews 11:1: "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

I think many times I think the worse is going to happen to protect myself from getting hurt. This action, however, is NOT acting as a woman of faith and confidence in the Lord. I trust the Lord and know He has reasons for our house not selling yet. His reasons are for His glory and my good.

"See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this, How can I let myself be defamed? I will not yield my glory to another." Isaiah 28:10-11

No comments: