Wednesday, December 01, 2010

WeightWatchers Points Plus: They Changed Things for the First Time in 13 years!

I was pretty shocked that WeightWatchers changed when I went to the meeting last Monday night. There was so many people there that I was there 30 more minutes than I usually am.

This week is probably the busiest week I have had in a long time. This week so far we have put up the Christmas tree, got Christmas cards done, got presents for everyone on Cyber Monday (I got seven presents at Kodak Galleries for $50 and saved $38!), my mom had nasal surgery Monday, I got Abigail present for her birthday that is this Sunday, and finally got some stuff ready to go to the SEC Championship Game that is this Saturday (it will be the first time I have left both babies). Wow...

So I am only going to give you a few bullet points on what has changed with WeightWatchers (more to come for sure).
  • The main thing is that now you HAVE to get a points calculator because they have totally changed how calculate points values for every food that you eat (they are only $5.95 each right now through the end of Jan.) They do not even take into consideration calories, but you figure out how many points a food is by entering in how many Proteins it has, Carbs, Total Fat, and Fiber.
  • I have found that most of the foods I like to eat have gone up in points value. Fiber One yogurt that was 0 points, is now 1 point because of the carbs, and my 2 point WeightWatchers brownie is now 3 points instead of 2. Basically all WeightWatchers food have gone up 1 point.
  • But, now even the smallest person has to eat 29 points a day (in the old program I was trying to only eat 23 a day), and now everyone gets 49 extra points for the week! If you are more than 20 pounds overweight you can calculate how many points you get using your points calculator. They say they have been doing scientific research for the last 13 years to make WeightWatchers as scientifically proven as possible.
  • Last, but not least, they say all fresh fruits (not canned) are 0 points! Fresh veggies are 0 points as well. A banana that once was 2 points is now 0 points. WeightWatchers has all new books for this new Points Plus system, and good deals on them as well.
Let me know if you have any questions. Jan 1st would be a great time to join WeightWatchers ($13 a week here). I have now lost 9.4 pounds in 7 weeks! Yay!

No comments: