Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Molly





Today my precious grandmother Molly passed away at 92 years old. She was one of the most positive people I have ever met. I cannot remember her saying anything negative ever (this probably had a lot to do with her living so long). She was my last living grandparent. She also was my dad's mother so keep my daddy in your prayers this week.

I will always remember:
  • Her playing cards with me for hours on end when I was little, even though she did not have to.
  • Our sweet trips to get her hair done. In seminary, I had the privilege of taking her to get her hair done. She would tell me wonderful stories about her being one of the first women to graduate from the college of Charleston. She had some pretty amazing stories to tell.
  • Her being there to watch me marry my prince.
  • Her meeting my babies. She loved babies as much as I do (she had four of her own). She was so happy to kiss and love all over them.
Lately, God has been teaching me so much about faith. "Faith is being SURE of what we hope for and CERTAIN of what we cannot see." Part of being a woman of faith is being a positive person. Positive that whatever happens in life, God has a plan. Molly taught me more about being a woman of faith, through her actions, than any other person has. I pray I can live a life where I do not say much of anything negative and have faith like my sweet Molly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily...I'll be praying for you and your family during this time. It sounds like your grandmother was an angel! That special kind of grandmother that just has so much love that it just overflows. Sending hugs and prayers!