Monday, March 26, 2007

We Left Jackson for 2 nights for the first time!






Wow, we have been so busy. Today, is Charlie's 28th Birthday and the first two pictures are of Mrs. Tedder and her cake that she made Charlie for his birthday. We have the most caring church members! The next picture is my wonderful father, who along with my unbelievable mom, did a great job taking care of Jackson for 2 whole nights while we went to the "Empowered Church Conference" at Hickory Grove Baptist Church (Charlotte, NC). It was a wonderful conference and we learned so much. The first night the music was Brooklyn Tabernacle songs, and it was the best Christian music I have ever heard. They had a complete symphony and it was like we just stepped into the gates of heaven. We really had a wonderful time, and I hope to blog about some of the breakout sessions. It was good to get away for two night and have no bottles! But, when I heard him talking in the background on the second day, tears did come to my eyes. He started saying "daddy" to objects while we were gone. Jackson did great with my parents, but he definitely gave me lots of hugs and kisses when we got back. I also hope to blog about how he is doing soon and what are some issues we are struggling with. Charlie preached last night in our first of hopefully many contemporary services on Sunday night, and the service went great! Charlie's parents came and it was so good that they got to see Jackson--I think it had been a month since they had seen him!

“But those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31

No comments: