Monday, October 29, 2007

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Well, I am trying to memorize this Psalm and with all this unpacking, and I am having a hard time. Any advice on memorizing, I am all ears. I have the Bible on cd so I am listening to that as well. I want Jackson to hide God's Word in his heart as soon as he is able and I think this is going to be our first project. Last Thursday when Jackson was screaming for an hour straight(he ended up having a double ear infection), I started quoting this Psalm....what a blessing it was to have these words to turn to!

No comments: