Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Update on the Wallace’s Big Move!








Ok, so it is crazy to move into a new house! A new house does not have a hirby kirby, blinds, etc. Last week we did not have A/C for 2 nights. Normally that would be fine, but for some reason it was like 90 here in Columbia. This week I feel like I can deal with anything because we have A/C. Whenever I have a hard week, I am just so much for thankful for things! Last week also was difficult because it is hard to keep a safe environment for a toddler with 100 boxes and random pictures everywhere. But this week is going great and I am loving getting organized and having a great new house (with this beautiful fence). Pray that I have time to unpack boxes this week. I think we had like 100 boxes and we have only gotten to like 30 of them. This week is crazy for Charlie because the Fall Festival is Sunday and I think there is going to be like 2,000 people there. Jackson is going to be a cow (Jake’s first Halloween outfit) and Charlie and I are going to be matching cowboy and cowgirl outfits that we got at Halloween Express store. We went to a costume Birthday party and that is the cow pants he is going to where for the Fall Festival in the pictures above.

Jackson is a lot happier right now since he is used to whole milk and all this food. He loves to dance (I have to get some video of that), he is growing up so fast! He eats scrambled eggs, cheerios, and a slice of raisin bread (with butter) for breakfast and 6 ozs of milk with some juice…yeah he is drinking out of his cup! For lunch he has squash baby food (stage 3) Yoplait yogurt, some goldfish (juice), and 4 ozs of milk. For snack he has 6 ozs of milk, vanilla pudding, and some crackers. For dinner he usually has either some hamburger or frozen breaded chicken breast or a grill cheese (juice), and 4 ozs of whole milk. Finally right before bed he has a 6 oz bottle of formula. He only has about 4 or 6 ozs of juice a day. Food has been a little hard transition so I thought I would share what worked for Jackson. My goal is by 15 months (December) to have him off formula completely and off bottles…he has had no normalcy since June (the fire) and is very attached to his bottles. It is a slow process with Jackson, he just now is starting to really like his cup. Step 1 for me is to get that last formula bottle gone. Step 2 is for him to drink his milk cold from a cup (just changing 1 feeding to strictly a cup and keeping it that way for 3 days). Step 3 is for him to eat more food in general! IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GET a little toddler to eat more veggies (especially green ones) I am all ears! Jackson is very happy right now but yesterday he was put in the pack in play 5 different times for not listening to me after I said no repeatedly. So that is how Jackson is doing (loving his zebra toy and his little people truck toy).

Today in my devotion I read Luke 6-7 and some of Jesus’ words amaze me more ever time I read them.

Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
Blessed are you when men hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of
Man.

"Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets.
24"But woe to you who are rich,
for you have already received your comfort.
25Woe to you who are well fed now,
for you will go hungry.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you will mourn and weep.
26Woe to you when all men speak well of you,
for that is how their fathers treated the false prophets.

Doesn’t Jesus say that we are blessed if we are hungry and weeping? If this is the case why are we women always complaining and stressing out about things that will not matter in eternity. Why do we always complain about things to each other and never talk about things that matter in eternity such what we are learning in our quiet times.

There is so much more I could comment on and post on about these chapters, but I am not going to here (I think this post is long enough) I just wish I could hide God’s word in my heart more, and be completely focused not on myself, but on eternal things!

3 comments:

Mommy Reg said...

Such a stressfully fun time for you guys. Your devotional was awesome. You are right, we women worry about some crazy unimportant things sometimes when we miss the bigger picture.
It sounds like Jackson is doing awesome. With everything you have going on, taking it slow to transition him is the best route. With the veggies. Well, what works for me is just simply giving veggies to them everyday. What I am doing with Baby G is simply cutting them super small and then putting them on her tray. A serving of veggies at this age is about a tablespoon. I put about 3 tbs on her tray. Cut very tiny and I serve them with a touch of butter and salt if they need it. I figure putting more on her tray is a good thing because half of it ends up on her and her seat. Baby G likes the tops of broccoli a lot. And I put some frozen chopped spinach in her scrambled eggs and she likes that too. I put about 1 tbs or so of spinach in the pan first and get it thaw then put the eggs in and cook it right in. I hope that helps.
Blessings and I am praying you can unpack rather quickly.

Emily Wallace said...

Thank you so much for the advice! I really do appreciate it so much.I am going to try to put some greens in Jackson's eggs this week. He ate a corn dog last night at the Fall Festival and he always refused hot dogs. I know I just need to keep on trying. Someone told me it sometimes takes 7 times for a child to like a certain food. Again, thank you so much for all the advice you have given...you have been such a blessing!

Mommy Reg said...

Your welcome. After 4 kids, I have tried a lot of tricks. Some work and some don't but you always have to figure out what works for you. The person that told you it takes 7 times is right. Toddlers need to feel comfortable with the food before they will like it on most occasions. Unfortunately sometimes it takes longer, but the important thing is to be consistent. Many blessings to you and your family.