Monday, October 01, 2007

When Faith Grows Weary

I have to admit, during all this change in my life right now, my relationship with the Lord has suffered. I have not been reading His beautiful word at all recently. My heart has been on temporal things of this world that are only fading away. Buying the house, being semi homeless, taking care of Jackson is all I have been doing. But, there is no excuse. A wise goldy women in seminary once told me and I will never forget it, YOU HAVE TIME FOR WHAT YOU WANT TO HAVE TIME FOR. Isn’t that the truth? If I really wanted to exercise, I would find time. If my heart was really longing after my Redeemer, I would have found time to spend with Him.

Anyway, today in my daily reading (found here http://www.studythebible.com/daily.htm) I was on track to read the entire book of Malachi (it is only 4 chapters and the Last book of the Old Testament). The first words I read out of the student Bible is “When Faith Grows Weary.” Wow, after all we have been through this year I guess this phrase describes it best. I am just tired of lots of things. Malachi spoke to people who were just going through the motions....God spoke to me today through His Word. However, I do not think that the Bible is all about me. I know 100 percent it is about Jesus Christ and everything points to Him.

Malachi
Some key points:
1. The people of Jerusalem had grown lukewarm....let us fight not to be lukewarm about knowing Christ and making Him know!
2. The second verse the Lord says “I have loved you.” He loves everyone so much. He loves me like a daughter, I am his precious daughter who he wants to carry and help...ladies each of you are his daughter and he died for you. All you have to do is confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, believe that he died, was buried, and rose again, and finally turn from your sins----give your heart to Him (everyone is giving their heart to someone or something)
3. God’s name will be great among the nations, from the rising to the setting of the sun (Ch 1 vs. 10). Am I focusing on making His name great or my name great?
4. In Chapter 2 God is really concerned with the priests setting their hearts to honor His name. Isn’t that the key? Setting our hearts, giving our hearts to the one and only true God. Also, here is where God says that he hates divorce. I knew that but I always forget that He says “Has not the Lord made them one?”
5. Overall, throughout this whole book is a voice of a father pleading with his children....God’s voice dominates Malachi (student Bible study notes)

No comments: