Sunday, February 17, 2008

My first step to making money at CVS

  1. I went back to CVS after buying the M&M’s and getting $2 extra bucks, I went and got Jackson’s whole milk there for $3.99 and used my $2 extra bucks that was printed on my last receipt for buying those M&M’s. The key here I believe it all I bought was the milk so I really only spend $1.99 plus tax on milk. I did not le myself by anything else (major self control on my part).
  2. Then, I went and got the CVS extra value book for February that was located at the beginning of the store. I really needed a new toothbrush, mine was very hard, and so I saw that the Colgate Super pack would give me $2 extra bucks back, so I went ahead and purchased the toothbrushes for like $4 I believe (there actually was 2 toothbrushes in the pack). Then, yesterday, when Jackson was out of milk, I got his milk again and used my $2 extra bucks and spend $1.99 again.
  3. I also had to get a prescription filled yesterday, so I went to CVS (I asked for the generic brand), and for every prescription filled there you receive 50 cents in extra bucks (but they only give these bucks quarterly).
  4. The key is to not buy a lot at CVS at first and especially do not buy items you do not need just because it is on sale.

Money Saving Mom has what the weekly sales at CVS are and how you can earn extra bucks: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/

Today, she writes:

Buy 1 Colgate Toothpaste or Toothbrush at $2.99, Get $2 ECBs (Limit 5)
Total adv clean 4.2 oz, max fresh burst 4 oz, total or wave toothbrush
Use $1/1 printable coupon here or $1/1 printable here or $1/1 coupons from 1/20 SmartSource
FREE plus overage after ECBs and coupon

Buy $30 of these items, get $15 ECBs (Limit 1)

Including:
Ziploc/Hefty 2/$5
Glade 2/$3
Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner $17.99
Energizer $5.29
Kleenex Family Size 2/$5
Huggies Jumbo Pack $8.99
Depend or Poise
Cottonelle 12 pk $5.99
Palmolive $0.99
Kotex 2/$5
Viva 8 pack paper towels $6.49

Post any questions or comments on shopping at CVS here! If you have any tips, we are all ears!

If you use Huggies diapers, you can get quite a good deal with this promotion. Use the $2/1 Huggies coupons here or here.


4 comments:

Mommy Reg said...

I am so sad. I checked on-line to see if I have a CVS nearby and the closest one is 4 hours away - in the next state. :( I am so sad. I hope you have a lot of success with CVS it sounds like it can be a great asset for anyone who wants to save money.

Emily Wallace said...

I wish there was a CVS near you. Figuring out how to make money by shopping there is really fun. I know you will figure out ways to save money on groceries stores. Keep me updated on how you are saving money at grocery store there.

Mommy Reg said...

I just posted today about Safeway having a Savings Rally that lasts until the 26th I think. If you buy a certain amount of rally items they give you a certificate for $5, $10 or $20 depending on how many you buy. I bought 15 items on the list and got $10 and the items on the list were on sale so I saved $65 too. All together $75 in savings. And my pantry is stocked. And my hubby is using the $10 for gas. I felt pretty good after that trip. :)

Emily Wallace said...

That is great! Sadly, there is not a Safeway near us, so I know how you feel now. Thanks for keeping me updated!