Monday, February 11, 2008

Our Weekly Schedule Part 1









Mondays

7:30 to 7:45 wake up get Jackson

8 or 8:30 am Breakfast consists of me making Jackson 2 eggs, him watching Disney Channel in high chair with juice, graham cracker stick. After I feed him with Mickey Mouse on, he gets 6 ozs of whole milk still in a bottle

9:15-10:15 am If Sunday has not been too hard on him I go to Body Step class at Gold’s Gym, and he goes to the Kids place there while I work out. If not then I go work out at night on these days (try to do a class 3 times a week)

10:30 or 11 am Nap time as long as he did not sleep till like 8am During the nap, I get a shower, and then have my time with God reading my daily Scripture and listening to it on cd (If he does not take a nap I still put him in the crib to get a shower and do some quiet time).

12 pm Lunch Usually consist of him watching another Mickey Mouse in the high chair and eating yogurt, raisin bread, crackers, juice. Cleaning the kitchen

2 pm Snack Right now he is still getting 6 ozs of whole milk in a bottle and some fruit from the Gerber stage 3 food (Banana Strawberry or Pears-this helps with constipation) He watches a Mickey Mouse show again (he really is learning through this show, he points when they say to point and he even answers Mickey’s questions he asks throughout the show). After he eats, I might go run some errands here. If he has not napped Jackson gets snack early around 1:30 and then goes to sleep around 1:50 to 2 till like 4. He has to be really full to sleep for a long period of time. I have always not been ready for Jackson to grow up, so I am milking the 2 naps a day as long as possible. But, when he turns 18 months I will change his schedule to 1 nap a day. This might be a bit of a challenge since Jackson really does not like change.

4-6 pm Nap

6:30 pm Dinner Right now this consists of Tyson little fried chicken bites, stage 3 baby food of sweet potato or squash, maybe some green beans, along with pear juice. (cooking 2 different things) after dinner, Charlie usually plays a good bit with Jackson

7:45 pm Night night bottle 3 ozs of formula still here and like 6 ozs of whole milk. Every time we were ready to drop the formula he happened to get really sick and miserable and I just could not do it to him. After the formula is gone in the next couple of weeks, I will be trying really hard to get rid of the bottle by using all kinds of tricks. He will drink juice all day out of his cup, just not the milk.

8:40 pm Bath time every night. We use this time as a learning time for the Abc’s. I give him his bath and we use the bath letters I got from Target and say the Abc’s. Charlie helps me get him out of the bath at the end.

8:50 pm Devotion time with Jackson (after I clean his ear out with a Q tip) and get his pj’s on and all, Jackson goes and gets his Bible book (his favorite book) and we read the Bible to him, pray with him by getting him to hold his hands together, and sing a song. We do this every night and it really helps him prepare for bedtime. I would love to hear what you do for devotion time for your little ones. He loves to sleep and loves his blue bear. He has like 7 pacifiers in the bed with him at night and a fan on.

9 pm Bed Time-He has a later bed time because we do not have to get up at 6 am or anything, and I would rather him sleep a little bit longer in the morning. His bed time will be more like 8:30 when he goes down to 1 nap a day.

If you have more than 1 child under the age of 4 click here: http://goodlikeamedicine.com/familyschedule.pdf to see a great schedule. Her name is Kristi and we grew up in the youth group at First Baptist Spartanburg together. Her husband is a worship pastor and she has 3 children under the age of 4 and another one on the way. Her blog has been a tremendous blessing to me recently. Click here to see her blog: http://goodlikeamedicine.com/. She has a heart that is truly seeking to grow in the knowledge of her wonderful Savior and to worship Him and Him alone.

This weekly schedule is like 3 pages, so I will be posting Part 2 (Tuesday-Sunday) latter on this week along with our meal plan for the last week, so be on the look out! The pictures above are of Gigi and Grand's fun visit this weekend...of course we had to go to Zesto's...yum!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Like your site! I was recently tagged on my blog and am now tagging you. You can check out the details on my blog. Thanks!

Emily Wallace said...

Thanks so much Julie. I will have to check your blog out!