Sunday, February 17, 2008

Our First Trip to the Zoo!











We finally made it to the zoo yesterday. Jackson loves animals right now and every time we watch a show with animals on he gets all embarrassed and tries to copy the sounds they make...he especially likes to roar like a lion. Needless to say, he loved the zoo. He could not believe he was actually seeing all these huge animals that we have been reading about. He pointed at all the animals, tried to talk to them, and made animals noises. He loved the elephants, lion, etc. He even feed a goat. The Riverbank Zoo is huge and so clean, not to mention only like 10 or 15 minutes away. I was very impressed with the zoo. Go to http://www.riverbanks.org/ for more information.

We got a year pass which is definitely worth it as long as you go more than 1 time a year (it is $9.95 a person for adults, under 3 goes for free, and the pass is $49 for 2 adults for the entire year and 6 guest passes). My sister Kelly (or KK as Jackson calls her) came to Columbia to visit some friends, and I am so glad she was able to be there for Jackson's first zoo trip. He loves animals, and we will be going to the zoo a lot this Spring (they say that the best way for children his age to learn is to actually see what we are reading about). I have some video from our trip to the zoo that I will hopefully be posting soon.

3 comments:

Leah F said...

This sounds so silly since I grew up in Georgia, but I fondly remember frequent trips to Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia (I lived outside of Augusta, so Columbia Zoo was only about 2 hours away). I loved it as a child, and can only imagine how great it would be to take Georgia. Maybe we can come down and go with Jackson and Emily:-)

Emily Wallace said...

We would love for you to come down and go to the zoo! We should make a weekend out of it, and Nathan can see First Baptist (we have an extra for you and everything)Just let me know when is good for you! I enjoyed the zoo so much when I went, it is like re-living your childhood all over again.

Mommy Reg said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun.