Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Weeky Schedule Part 2

Tuesdays

Pretty much the same thing except I wash Charlie and I’s clothes and towels. I go to Body Combat class sometimes at night. Starting in March, I will be teaching a Bible Study to women on Overcoming Fear, Worry and Anxiety (Fitzpatrick) at the church from 7-8:30 pm till almost the end of May (12 weeks)

Wednesdays

We have been going to toddler time in the morning at 9:30 to 10:30 am. Late afternoon, I get ready to be at church by 6 pm for Charlie’s class that he teaches to parents going through the Baptist Faith and Message. Wednesdays are busy! We try to make it to church supper at 5 pm (Charlie always goes to the supper). Sometimes we do not get back till 8:30 pm at night on these nights.

Thursdays

I wash Jackson’s clothes, go to a grocery store, and might go work out at a class at 6:45 pm (but if I have been both Monday and Tuesday I do not go) I am now looking at trying to get down to $75 or maybe even $50 a week for grocery as my job. It is like I have a job paying me $5,000 a year and no taxes taken out of it. Right now I am only down to $130 a week. I just want to be a good steward of what God has so graciously given to us. I am so thankful for the blog world and having tips from so many stay at home moms on how to save money.

Fridays:

Charlie is usually off unless he is the minister on duty and so he sleeps in and I take care of Jackson. After making lunch at home, I usually run some errands by myself while Charlie has Jackson. Friday nights we like to do something with someone at the church that we have not gotten to know very well yet

Saturdays

Usually, Saturdays are my morning to sleep or go to Body Combat class. We usually do major cleaning this day. We really try to rest and have this as our “day off” - it is hard though. I think it is important to schedule time for both the husband and the wife for some "time off" from everything. I am so blessed to have a husband who enjoys being with Jackson 1 night a week and 1 morning so I can go to my workout classes.

Sundays

Sundays are by far the busiest day of the week. Jackson and I have to be at church by 9 am which can be a challenge (I get up at 6:30). It is just hard to get Jackson all dressed up and of course he takes forever to eat his breakfast on these days. I am now with the 4th grade girls and teach them once a month. Charlie has to be there by 8 am so he is out the door by like 7:40 am.

We are home by 12:30 usually. Jackson is really tired and his schedule is all crazy. He will not sleep very long here because he has not eaten enough usually. He wants to go back to sleep at like 4:30 pm so we have a hard time going to Awana and helping out at night. Awana is from 5-7 pm. I will love it when he is on the new schedule (when he turns 18 months) of sleeping from like 1:30-4 pm because he will be going to bed earlier and we will be able to go to AWANA more. Charlie does not get back till like 7:30 or 8 on these nights and he leaves at like 4 pm.

Hope his is helpful. Let me know if you have any questions or tips for my weekly schedule (it is about to change though) We hope to rest more and have a true Sabbath on Saturdays by doing more cleaning throughout the week. Now that I am readying through Exodus, I really see how important it is to God for us to have a day of rest. Any suggestions on how to have a real day of rest, I am all ears! I would love to know if you have a weekly cleaning schedule....It would be great if you could share it here with us.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do a lot of cleaning on Mondays, to try to get the week started off right. But my new little secret that has been nice(although due to illness has not been as regular as I would like) has been hiring someone to come every other week to clean for me. We made room in our budget to fit this in, especially since my bending capabilities aren't that great right now! It has been nice knowing that I can take some time off and come home to a clean house!

Emily Wallace said...

I hear you girl. When we were in Sumter the only thing I asked for as a present for Birthday, V-day, Christmas, etc, was someone to help me clean. The house we lived in was 50 years old and I had the hardest time getting it clean. Until our little ones can really help us clean, hiring someone is the best present in the world. I was always on cloud 9 when that happened. Thanks you so much for sharing your little secret. Maybe some of our moms here can ask for this for Valentines Day. I remember at the end of my pregnancy with Jackson I could not bend down at all, especially to clean!