Monday, May 26, 2008

Jackson is Waking up anywhere from 5:55 am to 6:30am....HELP!

For the last two weeks, Jackson has blessed us with his energetic self anywhere from 5:55 am to 6:30 am. Nothing really has changed with his schedule and he is not upset when he wakes up, he is just ready to go!

Here are some reasons I think he could be waking up so early:

1. He just does not need as much sleep now that he is less than 4 months away from 2 years old. He is the energizer bunny!
2. He has teeth coming through right now
3. The sun rises at 6:15 am now, but we have black out curtains in his room
4. He is going through a growth spurt and is just hungry
5. We live in a new neighborhood and they are starting to work on the houses around the time he is waking up.

*We do not go and get him till he is upset, we let him talk for a good 30 minutes, but since his room is right next to mine, I do not get back to sleep.

Solutions: Please let me know your solutions or what has worked with your children

1. Move back his bedtime till 9 pm like it used to be. His bedtime is 8:30 right now and he takes a nap from 1 pm-3:30 pm. I do not offer him 2 naps at all anymore. We have been blessed and Jackson has always been a great sleepier. At like 3 months old, he was sleeping till 8:30 am so this is a rude awakening for us. He is still at great napper right now! I really do not want to move up his bedtime because I have always thought "early to bed early to wise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise"...haha.

2. Feed him more for dinner. He is eating a ton right now though

3. Make myself get in the bed when he gets in the bed and pray I can get everything cleaned up and done throughout the day (I usually do not do the dishes till he goes to bed).

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR SUGGESTIONS!

These are really my only solutions. I know this is not that big of a deal, but with me not having hardly any caffeine right now and being pregnant, some mornings I feel like I am going to pass out or throw up because I am so tired. I just cannot get to sleep before 11 pm. If I could just have coffee right now to get through this phase then I would be ok. Maybe the Lord is preparing me for 2 little active boys 2 years apart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck, that really stinks, and I know how that feels when you are pregnant and extra tired anyway! Jayne Mac went through a couple of phases where she would either not nap for a few days, or get up earlier than normal. Sometimes kids just get into a funk and work themselves out of it, like nothing ever changed. I have had a few friends that had kids do the same thing too. Not really any helpful advice, but maybe knowing that someone else's kids have done the same thing might ease the "pain." Hopefully things will get back on track soon! Keep us posted, and will be praying for more sleep!

Emily Wallace said...

Thanks so much Alyssa for the encouraging words! This morning he woke up at 6:15 again, but I know he woke up because he was hungry (I could hear his little stomach growling). I am going to try to feed him some yogurt or something right before bed tonight and I will keep yall updated on how that goes. The bad thing about Jackson is that he is so scheduled onces he starts a habit it is extremely hard to break it. Thanks for praying for more sleep...we definitely need more sleep. These are long days.

Shannon Bradley said...

Emily,
Luke has gone through phases off and on where he will wake up much earlier. He actually did it the last week and a half!! Up at 6:30!!
He usually will phase back into his regular wake time, without any changes on our part. Hope your extra sleep comes soon!!
Shannon Bradley

Emily Wallace said...

Thanks so much Shannon!
It is great to hear from you.
This afternoon Jackson took a very late afternoon nap and did not go to bed till 9:15 am so 10 hours from then would be 7 am. So we are praying for that and going to bed now. We will keep you updated. His nap was very long this afternoon so who knows. It is great to hear that many children go through this phase!