Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Psalm 40


I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.

I was listening to John Piper's sermon, "I am Sending you To Open Their Eyes" and he opened his sermon by praying this Psalm...it was very powerful. If you like to listen to sermons I would strongly recommend listening to his sermons and you can get it through your podcast by going to: http://www.desiringgod.org/

2 comments:

C.L. said...

How beautiful is the grace of God. That is one of my favorite Psalms. Truly God did lift us out and gave us more than we can fathom. THank you for this reminder, Emily!! I hope you're feeling well!

Emily Wallace said...

Thanks so much Caitlin! You are so encouraging and it is great to hear from you. I am feeling surprisingly well, thanks for asking!