Sunday, June 22, 2008

1st Sinus Infection

I have the first sinus infection of this pregnancy. With Jackson I had about 4 total sinus infections. I have sinus issues anyway, but when I am pregnant it seem like I am always sneezing. For the last couple months about every couple days I have been having a massive sneezing attacks. Today, my head hurt really bad. This pregnancy I have sneezed way more than with Jackson (as far as I can remember...I did not blog until Jackson was born).

I went to the Doctor's Care on Friday, and they took some blood and said my white blood cells were up, and so I did have a sinus infection. We do not have a doctor here in Columbia yet, so if you know a great doctor for Charlie and I to go to please let us know! The only doctor that has been recommended to us does not really work on Friday and that could be a problem.

Jackson had to go back the doctor last week as well. He cried and cried on Monday and was holding his ears, so we took him to this Pediatric Urgent Care in Spartanburg that was great and so quick! They said he still had fluid in his ears and one ear still looked red, so he is on his second round of antibiotics. We are both on antibiotics right now. He keeps covering both his ears with his hands so we might be back to the doctor again this week.

Being pregnant is not easy for me by any means, but it only lasts for a season of my life and the result is an eternal blessing. I already cannot wait to meet this little one! I cannot believe I am going to be 16 weeks pregnant this week, and we go back to the doctor this week for my 16 week check up. I am taking Jackson with me so pray for us....that should be interesting.

2 comments:

Merritt Pace said...

Steven and I go to Dr. Eric Hutto (Harbison Family Practice) on Lake Murray Boulevard. He is great! We both have allergy and sinus problems, and he has been very helpful. There is a woman in the practice, Dr. Claire Birdsong, whom I've heard good things about as well. Originally, we went to Dr. Allan Weldon (Midtown Family Medicine) downtown (Gregg Street, I think). He is wonderful, too! We only changed doctors to be closer to home. I hope that you feel better soon!

Emily Wallace said...

Thank you so much Merritt! We really appreciate it! We really need a doctor. You are the best!