Saturday, September 25, 2010

30 Years Old Today and Sentimental

Wow, today I turn 30.

I feel like I have been thirty for a while considering I have two kids already, but to actually turn 30 is crazy.

Crazy, because when I was in college time went by not to fast and not too slow, just right. Now, after having babies time is just flying by so quickly, too quickly.

Maybe because I do not sit in a class room praying the time will go by faster. Now, some days it is 5:00 and dinner time, and I do not even know where the day went.

The next 30 years I want to be committed to enjoying life, and not be so concerned with what all I have to do. I am very thankful to be a part of Community Bible Study this year (teaching 1 year old babies), which is actually helping me getting my priorities back in order.

But more importantly, the next thirty years I want to somehow be like Paul and count all but a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ my Lord. I want when people see me, to somehow see Jesus Christ, our risen Lord.

What I daily strive for (this passage was read at our wedding), Hebrews 12:1-2:

"1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."


Lord help me to throw of the sin that so easily entangles me, and let me run the race fixing my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith. Lord grant me the precious gift of faith. Faith that you will work out everything for your glory and my good. Faith that the Holy Spirit will give me supernatural strength not to overeat and do the many other sins that I do daily. Help us have the peace that surpasses all understanding that you have us exactly where you want us to be (especially me being a stay at home mom). Help us reach as many people as possible for Jesus and let us be instruments in the process of growing in the knowledge of Him. Lord, most of all help me and my family be all about Jesus period (for the next 30 years). Amen

Overal, I am very thankful to God for everything he has graciously given me at 30 years old. It is beyond my wildest dreams. Today, I am just very thankful to Jesus Christ our Risen Lord!

PS- Great article on "Why Gluttony is a Sin" by a pastor wife at Mars Hill Church here

No comments: