Thursday, May 17, 2007

2 Chronicles 17:16

It is amazing how much more I am learning this time around by listening to the Bible on cd (the dramatized version)

David's prayer:
"Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?"

This verse just keeps ringing in my ear. "Who am I?" David asks. In the culture that we are trying to reach here in Sumter, everyone thinks they deserve everything. Until a person really realizes that they are not a "good person" there is no reason for them to accept Jesus. That is what I am praying for daily for Jackson. I am praying that even though he lives in a culture that is constantly telling him he deserves everything, he will realize the depths of his sins. I pray that he will have David's heart and his humility.


This great song also keeps going on in my head and I thought I would share:

i want it all
by shane barnard

use me, break me, waste me on You, Lord
ruin me, take me, waste me on You
for to die is to live...

to starve is to feast
and less of me is more of Jesus
Lord, i want it all
Lord, i want it all
if i lose my life
i gain everything
and at the cross
away with all death's sting
Lord, i want it all
Lord, i want it all

there is power in the blood
there is victory in Jesus
come in power, wash me clean
overwhelm me with Your presence
there is power in the blood
there is victory in Jesus
help me glory in the cross
help me find my gain in loss

(Philippians 1:21-23; 3:7-11)

2 comments:

C.L. said...

I have never heard that song, but I love the lyrics. Thank you for the reminder. I was thinking that same thing a couple days ago---even as Christians we try to cover up how dreadfully sinful we are and put on a face that makes us look as good as possible. Oh I am so thankful for a God who loves us still!

Emily Wallace said...

Thank you again Caitlin for the encouragement. You are a wonderful encourager!