Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy 29th Birthday Charlie!


“In Him we live and move and have our being” Acts 17:18

“For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.” Romans 11:36

This day was chosen by God especially for you, and we praise God for your birth and for God sending us you to be our wonderful husband and father. Jackson and I are so thankful to have you, and to have a husband and father who is always learning and growing! Thank you so much for all you do for both me and Jackson. You really do so much for us, and your actions show that you do love us like Christ loved the church.

Thank you for dying to yourself this year, and allowing me to work out and teach a Bible Study. We love you more and more every day that passes. I am so proud of you and your boldness for Christ this year, and for help leading children to make the most important decision of their lives. I really am the most proud of you this year for your focus on preaching the Gospel and helping others learn and grow in Him without being distracted with anything. You are a wonderful husband, friend, and father. You set a great example. We love you with God’s love that cannot be measured.

*This is the home made card I wrote to Charlie for his birthday this year inspired by a section of Noel Piper's book Treasuring God in Your Traditions. If you think about it Jesus created us and it is good to thank Him for created us and provided us with the most important gift of all...salvation. If you are on a tight budget, I would recommend making homemade cards....they end up meaning so much. Charlie is going to get to go to the USC baseball game tonight with his dad and a reception for Gamecock members before that. I am excited that he gets to go and do something fun (which seems lately that he never gets to do). Next year is the big 30 and I think we might have a party for him! Time really does fly.....I met Charlie when he was just 21 years old.

1 comment:

C.L. said...

Emily, what a wonderful tribute to your husband! I enjoyed reading it and thank you always for the good ideas when you're on a tight budget! It's really been helpful!