Sunday, March 23, 2008

He Has Risen!


Dr. Estep preached one of the best sermons that I have heard him preach today. I knew that all the pastors really prayed hard for his service since about 70 percent of Americans come to church on Easter Sunday. The service was just one of the best worship experiences, and I was so glad that our church could reach that many people (the third balcony was even filling up…I think that makes like 3,000 people there). Charlie did a great job on the offertory prayer, and one of the new girls in my fourth grade decided to accept Christ today! God gets all the glory and is changing lives here!

2 Responses to the Resurrection:

Wonder and Joy

At the end of his sermon, Dr. Estep quoted Tony Campolo's famous sermon “It’s Friday, but Sunday’s coming.” We have hope, we have joy because even though some days “feel” like Friday (the day Jesus was killed on a Cross), we can hope in the joy that Sunday is coming. Satan is not victorious; my Great King Jesus Christ is victorious. We all might feel like its Friday and that Jesus has been brutally killed here on earth, but Sunday is coming! I have hope and joy and you can have that same hope and joy because of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ!

No comments: