Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Jackson is 18 months old Today!







I cannot believe it, but Jackson is already 18 months old today. It really does seem like yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital.

He still weighs 23 pounds and 8 ozs (it seems like he has weighed 23 pounds for months). We actually went to the doctor yesterday because Jackson had the worst night he has had since the croup, and I just knew he had an ear infection. He does not have an ear infection, just a really red throat with some blisters. The doctor said that he had a viral infection. I am just praying that we can go 2 weeks without him being sick, and that he will be well enough for me to teach the 4th grade girls Sunday School class this Sunday. We go back to the doctor next week for his 18 month old check up.

Anyway, the thing I love most about Jackson is how much he loves to hug me and his daddy.I read that love language book a while back, and my love language back in the day was physical touch. Now, however, I do not think that that is my love language since I have a loving toddler hugging me all day. I also cannot believe how much Jackson loves seeing people. When we go grocery shopping he waves at everyone, and really makes their day better by smiling and talking to them in his own language. He is already reaching so many people. I am just so thankful that God in His perfect timing gave us Jackson, and I just pray that I can raise him in such a way that he can get just a glimpse of God's huge love for his children through Charlie and I.

Ps- Mimi (Charlie's mom) went to Disney World with her students and brought Jackson back a shirt and Mickey Mouse ears....he loves them!

2 comments:

Mommy Reg said...

18 months is a great milestone. I remember when my son turned 18 months old, I already had our 1st daughter (they are only 16 months apart). Baby G will be 18 months in May. It is amazing how fast it goes.
Have a great day!

Emily Wallace said...

It really does go by fast. I did not realize that Baby G and Jackson were so close in age. I am glad to see that you are doing well!