Saturday, July 12, 2008

Banna Pudding Receipe (yes this is still my blog)


Last weekend we went over to Charlie's sister's house for a cookout. I have been craving banana pudding so I offered to make some for everyone. I really enjoy cooking when making it for more than 1 person. If you know me or this blog at all, you know I am not a good cook and have struggled in this area. Charlie stepped in and helped me during the middle of making it and he came up with all these creative things to do (the teacher in him coming out) by mixing the banana's together and coming up with this beautiful design. God knew I needed a husband who was gifted in this area and I am so blessed.

Here is the recipe:
  • 8 Large Bananas
  • 1 5 oz box of instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 8 oz carton of sour cream
  • 1 large carton of whipped topping
  • Mix pudding and mix sour cream and 1/2 whipped topping. Layer pudding bananas and wafers in a 9 X 13 dish. Top the remaining of the whipped cream on top.
Pray for our VBS!

Our Vacation Bible School is this week and we are so excited about what all God is going to do! I am feeling a little overwhelmed because I am teaching 4th grade Sunday School this Sunday and next and then teaching 4th grade boys and girls all next week (Our VBS is from 9-12 pm).

Pray that:
  • Teachers can have enough time to prepare and figure out everything. I love Lifeway's VBS, the music is phenomenal, but the directions for the teachers are very involved and just very complicated in certain sections. I taught 5 year olds last year and it was not nearly as involved. Preparing for Sunday School today seemed like a breeze compared to trying to figure everything out for VBS. I am praying that they simplify things for next year.
  • Children are clearly presented the Gospel and that Satan and his demons do not cause distractions.
  • That children make the most important decision of their lives, to follow Christ. Pray that they will be rescued from this world of darkness and come to have a relationship with Jesus.
  • That Satan and his demons do not attack the Wallace house this week. Last year we had the fire in the middle of VBS...being in children's ministry this is probably the most important life changing, eternal, week for the children's ministry. I have been having some blood pressure issues so just pray that it continues to be stable for next week.
We are so excited that we have 215 children signed up already and many of them are not First Baptist members. Thank you for your prayers that these children's lives will be forever changed!

No comments: