Monday, July 28, 2008

Isaiah

In the last month or so I have been reading through Isaiah while doing my yearly Bible reading plan. I have read through Isaiah before, but I have forgotten what a wonderful book of the Bible it is. Not only does Isaiah have rich descriptions that foreshadow Jesus, some of the most beautiful and encouraging passages in all of Scripture are between its pages.

Also, when I went out to One Day in 2003 many of the speakers preached from Isaiah and I have that marked in my Bible. One Day is where God clearly called me into ministry before Charlie and I were engaged. God used the One Day Conference to change the entire course of my life, and I am so blessed because of it!

Isaiah 26: A Song of Praise

vs 3 You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind in steadfast,
because he trusts in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal
He humbles those who dwell on high,
he lays the lofty city low;

vs. 8 Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws,
we wait for you;
your name and renown
are the desires of our hearts

Right now, I am just so thankful - thankful for a healthy baby in my womb. Also, very thankful to see weekly children come to know Christ as their Savior and Lord or to watch life change happen in their lives (and their parents lives) as they trust in Him. We are so blessed.

My prayer is that we continue to walk in the ways of His laws and that I can learn to wait on him (He can teach me supernatural patience that I just do not have). I really want God's glory to be the desire of my heart and His glory to be the focus of our days. Are we really focused on God's glory - or our own glory? It really is all about what our hearts and our minds are focused on. I know that God works all things out for our good and His glory for those who love Him. Praise God!

No comments: