Wednesday, January 07, 2009

5 Distinct Word All Babies Say (Posted back in 2006)


I am so glad I started blogging right after Jackson was born. I have gone back to many of my posts to see what I did when Jackson was a baby. This information is straight from one of my posts from 2006:

A lady named Pricillia has discovered 5 words all babies communicate to their parents:

After testing her baby language theory on more than 1,000 infants around the world, Priscilla says there are five words that all babies 0–3 months old say—regardless of race and culture:

  • Neh="I'm hungry" focus on the "nu" sound
  • Owh="I'm sleepy"
  • Heh="I'm experiencing discomfort"
  • Eair="I have lower gas"
  • Eh="I need to burp" focus on "e" part

Those "words" are actually sound reflexes, Priscilla says. "Babies all around the world have the same reflexes, and they therefore make the same sounds," she says. If parents don't respond to those reflexes, Priscilla says the baby will eventually stop using them.

Priscilla recommends that parents listen for those words in a baby's pre-cry before they start crying hysterically. She says there is no one sound that's harder to hear than others because it varies by individual. She also says some babies use some words more than others.

The Dunstan Baby Language DVD is currently available. Visit www.dunstanbaby.com to order your copy.

No comments: