Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Everlasting God

WMHK Christian radio station has really improved on their music selection recently. This morning on the way to the doctors I heard one of my favorite songs by Chris Tomlin, "Everlasting God." This song really spoke to me this morning because yesterday I had one of those days where I had zero energy and did not know if I could make it through the day. I did not expect to have no energy after Abigail was born because after Jackson was born I had tons of energy. I feel more exhausted now than when I was pregnant with Abigail which is crazy. The week of January 19th I will be able to go back to my work out classes at Gold's Gym, and I know I will have more energy then. God has definitely given me supernatural strength the last couple of days whileI have been weak. I have learned even more on how to trust Him with everything and how wait on Him.

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles


*Abigail still has thrush and now we are on stronger medicine that we only do one time a day. Dr. Greenhouse (who is the best doctor!) says that doctors really do not know for sure why babies get this infection in their mouth and it is pretty much bad luck. The medicine she is on now is so strong that you cannot breast feed while your baby is on this medicine (for 2 weeks) so breastfeeding would probably not have worked out with Abigail since she has thrush so bad (I do not know how I would have had time to pump).

1 comment:

Anna said...

LOVE that song! I have also enjoyed listening to WMHK even more than before! They have that thing now where you can vote on songs and the more votes or something like that, the more of that song they will play. My mind is drawing a blank on what it is called. Anyway, I hear the creativity women take when it comes to pumping. One girl at work has mastered eating breakfast while drying hair all while the breast pump is pumping routine! Talk about multitasking! (All of this occurs at a crazy hour of the morning before her husband and children are up!)