- Being at home with two babies is actually better than I thought it would be. I was very nervous the first time I was all by myself with both of them. The challenges are very different than I imagined they would be. The hardest part is Jackson being stuck in the house and bored. It being winter makes it hard to go outside most days which is something I did not have to worry about when Jackson was born in September. Some days Jackson is just frustrated with all his toys and videos and everything. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make being in the house for these 6 weeks more interesting and educational for
- Surprisingly, he is not jealous of Abigail at all right now. I thought that he would be really jealous of her but all he wants to do is love on Abigail. He does not like that his schedule has changed though. Most days, however,
cries more than Abigail which is something I never expected (every day he is crying less and less so that is a major answer to prayer). Jackson cried about 2 hours every day until he was about 4 or 5 months old so I expected Abigail to cry about that much as well. She cried probably about 30 minutes a day and I usually know why she is crying. What a blessing! With Jackson , most of the time when he cries it is a mystery to me on why he is upset. Some of it is just him being a 2 year old and getting upset when he does not get his way. Jackson
- Also, I find myself always thinking about what they need and it makes it hard for me to think straight. I forgot to change
’s diaper one morning and he got his pj’s soaking wet…sad. This makes it hard for me to think clearly about what is really important in life. My prayer today is that I can focus my mind on loving God with all my heart, soul and strength. Jackson
- Pray for
. He is one of the most loving little boys I have ever seen, but when he does not get his way, he has pretty crazy tantrums (about 5 or 6 tantrums per day). This started happening right before Abigail was born and I really do not think we can blame Abigail being born on it. He is going through an “I love babies” phase. He loves baby dolls and loves Abigail very much. He has been getting many spankings and just flat out not listening to us at all...spanking is the only thing that works for him. Jackson
- I am still making myself find time to enjoy life (have some “fun” time every day).I am going to the store still using coupons (I used 25 the other day) and staying connected to people through blog and facebook while I am feeding her. I try to not let myself get on the computer until I have read my Bible and spent time with God through prayer. I will get crazy stressed if I do not spend time with my Savior.
- If you want to know what I used coupons for let me know and I will post that. I know it is strange but couponing and saving us money is very fun for me. But, I dropped $50 on diapers and wipes with my last Walmart purchase and I have even thought about going to cloth diapers but our washing machine is running pretty much all day as it is. I used coupons for the diapers. Does anyone have any more advice on how to cut down on the diaper and wipe cost? The good thing is that I know that this phase of going through so many diapers will not last forever. She goes through about 7 or 8 a day and
goes through about half of that. I do not feel he is ready for potty training at all right now even though his speech is improving. Jackson
- It is hard to even get laundry done by myself during the day with two babies, however, and I really look forward to Charlie being home so I can actually get something done. Again, I know it will not be like this forever and I am trying my best just to enjoy my babies. I have to fight not not make my day just a list of things to try to get done. I try to listen to my ipod while washing the insane amount of clothes that need to be washed right now. In just a few short months, she will not spit up on 3 different outfits a day hopefully.
- I will be writing about how our schedule looks soon, so be on the look out!
*Funny Story Added Later
1 pm is always one of the craziest times of the day. I change Jackson's diaper around that time (and he is getting tired), and Abigail usually likes to eat during this time. On one particular day, Millie Boo (the dog) was barking to come inside, I had just changed Jackson's diaper and he was crying for some reason that was unknown to me, and Abigail was wailing because she was hungry and had a poopie diaper. I got the dog in, and gave Jackson a moon pie to make him calm down. He was so stunned that I gave him such a glorious treat (which does not happen often). He calmed down and she got fed as soon as I could get the bottle ready. Sometimes they all three melt down at the same time and it is crazy, but it all ends up working out somehow. And yes, I have a high maintenance dog who seems like at least a half of a child most days. The first day by myself with all of them, Millie Boo got into more trouble then either of my babies (by eating Jackson's lunch and barking like crazy during nap time)
It has been easy on me since we had Abigail during the holiday season so Charlie has been able to be home a lot. That has been another huge blessing. Thie week will be my first entire week with both of my babies at home, since Charlie took his 1 week of vacation he had left the week Abigail was born and then came Christmas and New Years.